Candy plays a pretty important role in Pokemon GO. It’s an item that is used to power up and evolve your Pokemon, so it’s fairly important if you want to boost your critters’ CP and HP.
You’ll need to work hard to find and earn Candy, as it’s not available in the shop, meaning you’ll need to play through the game to earn it.
MORE POKEMON GO
- Pokemon GO Discussion Forum
- Pokemon GO XP Chart
- Pokemon GO facts that will blow your mind
- Pokemon GO – How To Get Pikachu guide
- Pokemon GO – Battery Saver tips
- Pokemon GO XP Boosting and Grinding Guide
- Pokemon GO Tips To Get You Started
- Pokemon GO Data usage: How much you’ll use, and how to limit it
- Pokemon Go How To Battle guide
- Pokemon Go – How To Find And Catch Pokemon
- Pokemon GO common issues, and how to fix them
Pokemon GO candy cheats and tips
There are a number of ways you can earn Candy in Pokemon Go.
Each Pokemon you catch earns you 100 Stardust and three Candy for that specific Pokemon. You earn the same amount of Candy for every Pokemon you find, even if you already own that Pokemon or find an evolved version of it.
Hatching a Pokemon will net you more Candy and Stardust that simply catching a Pokemon. You will have Incubators when you start your character, and Eggs can either be found from PokeStops, or bought from the store. Each egg requires a certain amount of walking distance to hatch.
- Click the PokeBall at the bottom of the screen
- Press “Pokemon”
- Press the “Eggs” tab and select an egg
- Select “Start Incubation”
- Choose an incubator.
Some eggs will require 2km-5km of walking to hatch. The Pokemon you get from an egg is a matter of luck. When it hatches you’ll earn Candy, and if you transfer that egg to Professor Willow (see below), you’ll earn even more candy.
When you give a Pokemon to Professor Willow, you will earn one Candy for your troubles, irrespective of that type of Pokemon or the evolution of that Pokemon.
- Click the PokeBall at the bottom of the screen.
- Press “Pokemon”
- Select a Pokemon that you’d like to transfer, making sure that it has a low CP compared to other duplicates you own.
- At the bottom of the screen, press “Transfer”.