By now you’ve surely got caught up in the hysteria surrounding Pokemon GO. If you haven’t, well, I applaud you for not jumping into what is one of the biggest video games and apps of the modern digital era! Kudos to you for steering clear of the juggernaut.
If you are one of the millions that have jumped in, you probably have many pressing questions. We have plenty of guides to help you in your Pokemon hunting adventures. But the important question is, when playing Pokemon GO, how can you choose Pikachu as your starter?
Pokemon GO Guides
- Pokemon GO Discussion Forum
- Pokemon GO XP Chart
- Pokemon GO facts that will blow your mind
- Pokemon GO – Battery Saver tips
- Pokemon GO XP Boosting and Grinding Guide
- Pokemon GO Tips To Get You Started
- Pokemon GO Data usage: How much you’ll use, and how to limit it
- Pokemon Go How To Battle guide
- Pokemon Go – How To Find And Catch Pokemon
- Pokemon GO common issues, and how to fix them
Pokemon GO Starters
When you first start Pokemon GO, you’ll have to choose between Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur as your starting Pokemon, which any seasoned Pokemon fan will remember from the good ol’ days of Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue.
Pokemon GO – How To Get Pikachu As Starter
There’s a way to use these these three Pokemon to call Pikachu and choose him as a starter.
- Once you start the game, Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur will show up and surround you. Ignore them.
- Walk away from them (don’t catch them!), stop, and then wait for them to reappear at your location.
- Do this four or five times. On the fifth time, Pikachu should join them, and you should be able to select Pikachu as your starter Pokemon.
Got any tips for Pokemon GO? Share them in our Pokemon GO Forum