[tps_title]NEXT PAGE: TANK CHARACTERS[/tps_title]
|Real Name||SST Laboratories Siege Automaton E54, “Bastion”|
|Base of Operations||,Unknocn|
Configuration Recon: The full automatic rifle is highly effective at close range.
Configuration Sentry: The Sentry mode makes Bastion immobile but highly damaging at both close and long range.
Reconfigure: Allows Bastion to change between Recon and Sentry.
Self-Repair: Bastion can repair himself.
Configuration Tank: Bastion turns into a power, fast tank, with a highly damaging rocket launcher.
- Bastion is highly useful on defense, as his sentry mode can lock down an area and cover the perimeter.
- Both his self-repair and reconfigure skills leave him vulnerable, so be sure to do both behind cover and without an enemy nearby.
- Try to set up as a sentry against a wall, with no room for enemies to flank from either side. Each map generally has a central corridor along with one or two flanking wings, so choose a spot that allows you to cover all entrance points.
|Real Name||Hanzo Shimada|
|Base of Operations||Hanamura, Japan (Formerly)|
Storm Bow (Passive Ability): Fires an arrow for a basic attack.
Sonic Arrow: Hanzo shoots a sonar tracking arrow.
Scatter Arrow: Hanzo fires a special arrow that ricochets off walls and terrain objects.
Dragonstrike (Ultimate Ability): Launches a spirit dragon in a straight line that damages enemies it comes into contact with.
- Hanzo is a difficult yet highly efficient character. Ideal for players who like to keep a distance, and is particularly useful in high vantage points to cover the objective.
- Save the Dragonstrike ultimate ability for when/if the enemy is flanking the objective.
|Real Name||Jamison Fawkes|
|Occupation||Anarchist, Thief, Demolitionist, Mercenary, Scavenger|
|Base of Operations||Junkertown, Australia (Formerly)|
Frag Launcher (Basic Attack): Fire bouncing grenades that explode upon contact.
Concussion Mine: Junkrat can place a mine at a specific location and detonate it at a later time to deal massive damage to enemies.
Steel Trap: Junkrats trap immobilises enemies that get caught in it.
Total Mayhem: Drops grenades on the ground after Junkrat has been killed, exploding after a short period.
Rip-Tire (Ultimate Ability): Junkrat morphs into an explosive tire, which rides around the map taking out enemies.
- Junkrat is ideal for a zone-defense.
- Set up the mines and trap around the objective, or alternative near the central corridor where the enemy may enter from.
- The Rip-Tire ultimate ability is a surefire way to take out multiple enemies on the last line of defense.
|Real Name||Torbjörn Lindholm|
|Base of Operations||Gothenburg, Sweden|
Rivet Gun (Basic Attack): A long-range rivet, or eject molten metal for close-range damage.
Forge Hammer: A hammer to repair or upgrade turrets.
Build Turret: An auto-cannon that can be upgraded by collecting scraps from dead enemies and allies. These upgrades include increased health, doubling trouble with a second cannon, or attaching a rocket launcher.
Armor Pack: Throws down an armor upgrade that either himself or allies can grab to absorb more damage.
Molten Core (Ultimate Ability): He overheats to temporarily gain a significant amount of armor and scrap.
- Torbjorn is the perfect character to play with alongside Junkrat. He provides highly efficient zone defense, particularly because of his turret-repair abilities.
|Real Name||Amelie LaCroix|
|Base of Operations||Annecy, France|
Widow’s Kiss (Basic Attack): Can use the scope on her sniper rifle to pick off distant targets. Can also be used as an automatic rifle at close range.
Grapling Hook: Fires a long-range hookshot, which connects with a scalable surface and pulls her up.
Venom Mine: Places an adhesive poison mine on a wall, which triggers an explosion when an enemy is nearby.
Infra-Sight (Ultimate Ability): Uses her recon visor to reveal all enemies for a moderate amount of time for herself and teammates.
- She should be used exclusively at long-range.
- Her Infra-Sight should be used at ideal moments on the last line of defense when all enemies are spawning and making their final attack.
- The grappling hook is useful to avoid a firefight, or reach high vantage points.
|Real Name||Mei-Ling Zhou|
|Base of Operations||ambXi’an, China (formerly)|
Endothermic Blaster: Unleashes a concentrated, short-range stream of frost that damages, slows, and ultimately freezes enemies in place.
Cyro-Freeze: Surrounds Mei with a block of thick ice.
Ice Wall: Generates an ice wall that obstructs lines of sight, stops movement, and blocks attacks.
Blizzard: Deploys a weather-modification drone that emits gusts of wind and snow in a wide area. Enemies caught in the storm will lose health.
- Mei is great for slowing opponents, and as such at useful at any real moment during a match.
- Her Ice Wall can be useful to stop the payload from progressing further.