There’s no denying the hype and excitement around this year’s Call of Duty, with Modern Warfare for a new generation shaping to be the much-needed reinvigoration the franchise needed.
We don’t quite know what to expect from this year’s entry, aside from the confirmed return of Spec Ops, the ditching of a Season Pass, and the potential return of Pro Perks. With gameplay set to drop in the coming days, we should know more ahead of the game’s October 25 release.
There’s no doubt that some journalists and influencers across the way of seen Modern Warfare in action, not to mention the pro NFL players that saw the game long before it was even announced. A new leak, however, gives us a rather in-depth look at the type of weapons we might expect to see in Modern Warfare, and it appears as though some all-time classics will be seeing a return.
YouTuber TheGamingRevolution dropped this list (via Reddit), and it’s generated plenty of chatter ahead of the game’s official gameplay reveal in the coming weeks.
Some standouts from the list for me personally would have to be the SCAR-H, ACR, and the trust ol’ KAR 98 rifle. While most of these weapons have appeared in past Call of Duty games, many of them — including the aforementioned — haven’t been seen since the original Modern Warfare days, so it’ll be good to return to them.
Also, with the return of Pro Perks, a Riot Shield, and two-wielded knives, you just know players are going to find unique (and annoying) ways to manipulate the class system (Modern Warfare 2‘s Ninja Pro, anyone?)
Check out the full leaked list below.
- MINI UZI
- AUG (can turn into an AR with attachments)
- AK47 (can become an SMG)
- FAMAS ( its 3 round burst default but can turn into full auto mode)
- LYNX (FROM MWR) NOW CALLED THE HK433
- SCAR H
- SIG MCX
- FAL (SINGLE SHOT BY DEFAULT, BUT HAS A FULL AUTO MODE)
- Carl Gustav (lock on launcher)
- DESERT EAGLE
- SIG P320
- 44 MAGNUM
- RIOT SHIELD (HAS A FLASH LIGHT ATTACHED TO IT FOR THE NIGHT MAPS)
- 2 COMBAT KNIVES
- 1 MORE SNIPER TGR MISSED
- KAR 98
- M14 EBR
- HUNTING RIFLE (CHALI 720) from what i understood it behaves like the argus
- MODEL6 (or might be the rem 870)
- ORIGIN 12
- KSG 12 (not the actual name, but its similar to the one from bo2)
- L86 LSW
- PKM (Tgr’s source says its similar to the pkm from cod 4 but its not the name)
PLANNED WEAPONS: (MIGHT BE DLC WEAPONS)
- m91 CUSTOM
- M13 CUSTOM