Overwatch

This topic contains 59 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of whaling whaling 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MorgtheBrit
    MorgtheBrit
    Participant
      • XP 50

Finally gave in to my friends pestering me about getting this. Downloading now. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

Platform?

PC

Profile photo of whaling
      whaling
      Participant
        • XP 6

Finally gave in to my friends pestering me about getting this. Downloading now. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

Should I get it and join you [dunno]

Profile photo of Master Fenix
        Master Fenix
          • XP 850

Do you like multiplayer games and specifically Team Fortress 2? If so, you’ll love Overwatch. At the same time I think it’s a good game to get into if you’re not normally into multiplayer games.

MorgtheBrit
          Participant
            • XP 50

YES

Now I know why everyone is obsessed with Overwatch, been playing it when I can non-stop. Super addicting. Really like playing Mercy and Tracer.

Profile photo of StuM91
            StuM91
            Participant
              • XP 90

The random hero mode they have going at the moment is fun, though a little annoying when you start a match with 6 Mei’s [dunno]

Profile photo of Gaetano Prestia
              Gaetano Prestia
              Keymaster
                • XP 24

The random hero mode they have going at the moment is fun, though a little annoying when you start a match with 6 Mei’s [dunno]

Is that the “Brawl” mode? I can never find a game on Xbox. I end up in Skirmish for like 30 minutes.

Master Fenix
                  • XP 850

Seems like some douchey hacker group was responsible for bringing down Battle.net yesterday

http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2016-20-06-a-member-of-ddos-group-lizard-squad-takes-responsibility-for-blizzard-s-battle-net-issues

MorgtheBrit
                  Participant
                    • XP 50

This video is from one of my competitive Overwatch games. Five guys from the enemy team Dc/d so we just had a bit of fun with the last guy till it was over.

Profile photo of Daniel Soul
                    Daniel Soul
                    Participant
                      • XP 10

Some new notes from Blizzard:

– In the next PTR patch, Mercy’s damage boost percentage is getting reverted back to what it was (instead of 50%). Discussion of the mercy damage boost happens starting at around 10:30 in the vid.

– They are looking closely at how Zenyatta feels in the PTR, and will reduce his total HP to 175 if 200 is too much.

– The bug with Ana shots giving a friendly Zarya charge is getting fixed

– New comic with more backstory about Ana is coming very soon

– They have 4 new maps being worked on right now, but note that not all of them may see the light of day

– The are working on new game modes, but the first new map (coming “soonish”) will have a standard mode

– New skins are coming before the end of summer

– It sounded like they may want to try hero stacking again in season 2, but they didn’t actually explicitly say that

– For season 2 they are getting rid of coin flip (I think this was already known)

– For season 2 they are also trying to reduce how long competitive matches take, which means you’ll probably have shorter attack times at the very least

– They are going to add the ability to see ally health bars for all heroes (but not silhouettes through walls). It isn’t coming in this next patch, but it sounds like they will do it pretty soon.

– They confirmed the hitbox changes, and said they were mostly trying to address how people could get hit when hidden behind a corner. They explained the reasoning for the big hitboxes, which is that in a game with such tiny fast-moving heroes and projectile weapons, it would be incredibly frustrating to hit those characters if they didn’t have bigger hitboxes, making the game feel bad.

This video is from one of my competitive Overwatch games. Five guys from the enemy team Dc/d so we just had a bit of fun with the last guy till it was over.

<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/PcZcEVDOIUQ?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” id=”fitvid231817″></iframe>

Nice work! Cool vid. Are you on PC?

MorgtheBrit
                      Participant
                        • XP 50

Yeah I am @Daniel

Profile photo of danbee
                        danbee
                        Participant
                          • XP 25
                          Master Fenix
                            • XP 850
                            Profile photo of Harry
                            Harry
                            Participant
                              • XP 29

Have you become a real man yet Tano, or do you happen to be playing on Xbox?

I’ve been getting into the Overwatch, it’s definitely taking my competitive attention away from Counter Strike because frankly there’s less BS to deal with. Plays smoothly and all my friends are playing too – if anyone is up for a game some time, give me your Battle Net details and we can give it a bash.

Master Fenix
                                • XP 850

Have you become a real man yet Tano, or do you happen to be playing on Xbox?

I’ve been getting into the Overwatch, it’s definitely taking my competitive attention away from Counter Strike because frankly there’s less BS to deal with. Plays smoothly and all my friends are playing too – if anyone is up for a game some time, give me your Battle Net details and we can give it a bash.

@harry Xbox. Too involved in it now. Played a bit on PC during the alpha and beta (about 100 hours lol) but got it on Xbox to play with friends at launch and haven’t looked back.

Profile photo of Harry
                                Harry
                                Participant
                                  • XP 29

@harry Xbox. Too involved in it now. Played a bit on PC during the alpha and beta (about 100 hours lol) but got it on Xbox to play with friends at launch and haven’t looked back.

Yeah. I can imagine that once you get your first prestige you don’t really want to have to swap platforms.

I smashed it today after I got back from uni, played a lot of comp. My rating is only like 2300 atm though so pretty bad.

Master Fenix
                                    • XP 850

Yeah. I can imagine that once you get your first prestige you don’t really want to have to swap platforms.

I smashed it today after I got back from uni, played a lot of comp. My rating is only like 2300 atm though so pretty bad.

@harry I went 9-1 in my placement matches, but have gone 0-6 in my ranked matches [sad]

Profile photo of Harry
                                    Harry
                                    Participant
                                      • XP 29

It’s pretty much been the opposite for me, I went like 2-8 in placement but that mostly happened while under the influence so I’ll disregard that :P

Does the rating system work the same way on Xbox as it does on PC?

Profile photo of Heller
                                      Heller
                                      Participant
                                        • XP 7

I’m getting absolutely SLAMMED in my placement matches. 1W – 4L so far. To be fair though, the last two losses were actually very close matches, while my first two placement matches were just complete white washes. Doesn’t help I haven’t played the game in over a month either I’m sure.

Master Fenix
                                          • XP 850

It’s pretty much been the opposite for me, I went like 2-8 in placement but that mostly happened while under the influence so I’ll disregard that :P

Does the rating system work the same way on Xbox as it does on PC?

@harry yep exactly the same.

Profile photo of Harry
                                          Harry
                                          Participant
                                            • XP 29

Whats your rating Master Fenix? Mine is just hovering around 2250 at the moment.. ie, absolute junk haha.

Master Fenix
                                              • XP 850

Master Fenix
                                                • XP 850

Master Fenix
                                                  • XP 850

Profile photo of whaling
                                                  whaling
                                                  Participant
                                                    • XP 6

Blows my mind every time I come across someone that’s silver level prestige.

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.