The Division 2 developer, Massive Entertainment, is working hard to improve the game, and the latest patch notes lift a lid on just how much is changing on a constant basis.
The game was taken offline temporarily earlier today to launch the patch so the developer could address some key bugs impacting the game.
The update was not scheduled — and as such prompted many a player to reach out over social media to see what’s happening — however it comes at just the right time for the game.
Reports of bugs, glitches, crashes and exploits were blanketing what has otherwise been a strong launch for a so-far well-received game.
One such exploit was gaining quite a bit of notoriety within the Division community: it allowed players to constantly loot Supply Drops over and over again, nagging Gold items in the process.
Some frustrating bugs and crashes have also been looked at: one such crash occurred whenever the Assault Drone was deployed while in a squad.
Skills have also been the cause of frustration for some players, with the cool down timer and deployment not always working as expected.
Massive is aiming to keep downtime to a minimum over the next few days, but we should probably expect further updates as the developer looks to refine The Division 2.
Check out the full patch notes below.
- Implemented a fix that should reduce occurrences of client crashes when using skills
- Fixed an issue where players could be stuck in the wrong World Tier if they completed Strongholds without meeting the required Gear Score while in a group
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t be able to talk to agent Kelso at the Castle Settlement
- Fixed an issue where players could obtain multiple Ivory Keys from the same source
- Fixed an issue where map progress would not be saved when completing Open World activities and Side missions in another players’ instance.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to loot Supply Drops multiple times
- Fixed a bug where players could buy blueprints repeatedly at the vendors by logging out and back in
- Fixed an issue where combining the Dialed in talent with the Emet Mask could lead to greatly increased Accuracy and Stability