Heroes of the Storm‘s Overwatch-themed Nexus Challenge enters its final week, with Blizzard having implemented patch 25.4 to ring in the occasion.
This latest update adds D.Va to the game, with the past three weeks allowing players to unlock some of her skins.
The patch also updates map rotations, while both Alarak and Tyrande have seen some fairly significant changes and tweaks to their talent builds.
The final week of Nexus Challenge 2.0 will also allow you to get your hands on 10 loot boxes in both Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch, and you’ll need to play a minimum of five matches with a friend in either Quick Match, Unranked Draft or Ranked to unlock them.
Check out the full patch notes below.
Heroes of the Storm patch 25.4 notes
Battleground Rotation Update
The pool of maps available in matchmaking game modes has increased from six to nine, and now includes the following:
- Cursed Hollow
- Sky Temple
- Braxis Holdout
- Battlefield of Eternity
- Warhead Junction
- Haunted Mines
- Tomb of the Spider Queen
- Infernal Shrines
New Hero: D.Va
Hana Song, also known as “D.Va,” is both a world champion professional gamer and a burgeoning global icon. As a member of South Korea’s elite MEKA unit, she fights to protect her homeland from the colossal omnic threat lurking within the East China Sea.
- When D.Va’s Mech is destroyed, she is ejected after 0.75 seconds and can continue to fight in Pilot Mode. Destroying D.Va’s Mech only awards 50% of a normal Hero’s XP.
- Each Basic Attack reduces the cooldown of Call Mech by 0.5 seconds. As a Pilot, D.Va only awards 50% of a normal Hero’s XP upon death.
- While in Mech Mode, D.Va can shoot while moving, but her Movement Speed is reduced by 15%.
- D.Va can only use Mounts while in Pilot Mode.
- Increases D.Va’s Movement Speed by 125% for 2 seconds. Enemies that are hit take damage and are knocked away.
- D.Va cannot be Slowed while Boosters are active.
Defense Matrix (W)
- Channel a defensive field in the target direction for 3 seconds, reducing damage dealt by enemy Heroes inside it by 75%. The Mech can move while channeling, but cannot turn.
- Damage dealt to the Mech by enemies within Defense Matrix still grants the same amount of Self-Destruct Charge.
- Requires Mech Mode.
- Eject from the Mech, setting it to self-destruct after 4 seconds. Deals medium to massive damage in a large area, depending on distance from the center of the blast. Deals 50% damage against Structures.
- Gain 1% Charge for every 2 seconds spent using Basic Attacks, and 30% Charge per 100% of Mech Health lost.
Call Mech (E)
- Requires Pilot Mode.
- Call a new Mech and enter Mech Mode. 45 second cooldown. While in Pilot Mode, each Basic Attack lowers this cooldown by 0.5 seconds.
Bunny Hop (R)
- Requires Mech Mode.
- D.Va’s Mech becomes Unstoppable and stomps every 0.5 seconds, dealing damage and Slowing enemies by 40%. Lasts 4 seconds.
Big Shot (R)
- Requires Pilot Mode.
- Deal damage to all enemies in a line. Call Mech’s cooldown is reduced by 8 seconds for each enemy Hero hit.
Heroes, Abilities, and Talents
- Questing Talents: Visual effects that appear upon completing a Talent Quest have received updates and should now be much more apparent.
- The following Heroes have received updated visual effects to coincide with Talent updates:
Welcome Bundle (Available May 22)
The Welcome Bundle will become available during the week of May 22. It can be only be purchased once, and only using real money.
- 800 Gems
- Welcome Loot Chest – A special Loot Chest that guarantees at least one random Hero
- Rare Loot Chest
- Epic Loot Chest
- 7 Day Stimpack
- Zebra Mount
D.Va Heroic Bundle
- Contains D.Va and all three Goliath D.Va skins. Available for a limited time.
- Goliath D.Va
- Hazard Goliath D.Va
- Sharkmouth Goliath D.Va
- Major D.Va
- Fiery D.Va
- Pro D.Va
- Competitive Pro D.Va
- Elite Pro D.Va
- Dorm Cheerleader Kerrigan has been added in honor of UTA HOTS, the 2017 Heroes of the Dorm champions!
- The Dorm 2017 Championship Banner has been added in honor of UTA HOTS, the 2017 Heroes of the Dorm champions!
- Zebra – Available exclusively by purchasing the Welcome Bundle.
- D.Va Banner
- Iconic D.Va Banner
- D.Va Warbanner
- Iconic D.Va Warbanner
- D.Va Pack 1
- D.Va Pack 2
- In-game chat messages are now limited to 10 Emojis per message.
- A notification will display on-screen when attempting to enter more than 10 Emojis in a single message.
- The “Role” column in the Stats tab on the in-game score screen has been split into “Healing/Shielding” and “Damage Taken” columns.
- Certain Heroes, such as Tyrael, Uther, and Zarya, as well as E.T.C. with the Prog Rock Talent, or Chen with the Enough to Share Talent, will display values in both columns.
- Player levels displayed in portraits have received visual updates, and should be easier to distinguish while using the progression portrait border.
- The Rejoin screen has been updated to provide a smoother experience when reconnecting to an ongoing match.
Design and Gameplay
Using Hearthstone (Default: B) will no longer automatically snap the camera back to the allied Hall of Storms unless Camera Lock is enabled (Default: L).
- Alarak now gains 3% Sadism per enemy Takedown, up to 30%. This bonus is lost on Death.
- Now also affects self-healing vs. enemy Heroes.
Discord Strike (Q)
- Now has Double Cross functionality baseline.
- Mana cost reduced from 55 to 45
Lightning Surge (E)
- Mana cost reduced from 30 to 25
- Damage reduced from 100 to 62
- Enemies hit by the center of the beam now take 100% bonus damage
- Healing is no longer based on the amount of damage done to enemy Heroes
- Enemy Heroes hit now heal Alarak for 70 Health
Level 7: Anti-Armor Shells (Passive)
- Custom UI has been added to show the cooldown before your next attack
- Basic Attack damage reduced from 87 to 82
Light of Elune (Q)
- No longer heals yourself while healing allies
- The cooldown is now lowered by 2 seconds every time you land a Basic Attack
- Heal amount reduced from 320 to 270
- Cooldown increased from 8 to 12 seconds
- Mana cost reduced from 45 to 25
- Added Quest: Hit heroes with Sentinel
- Reward: Every 8 Heroes hit with Sentinel allows it to pierce one target and lowers the Mana cost by 10
- Tyrande gains stealth and 30% Movement Speed. When stealth is lost, she keeps her Movement Speed and gains 50% Attack Speed for 5 seconds
- Cooldown reduced from 60 to 30 seconds
- Radius reduced from 6 to 5
Developer Comment: During one of our design meetings many months ago, we came to the consensus that we wanted to swap the heal functionality between Tyrande and Uther. It felt like the self-heal mechanic was better suited on a front-line melee Healer, so we gave it to our favorite paladin in his latest rework. Instead of simply removing functionality from Light of Elune, we decided to add a large amount of cooldown reduction with every Basic Attack. This will reward players that can stay in combat and has allowed us to shift some of her power from healing output into more utility and offensive-based areas. Overall, we are extremely excited to see what our players can do with her new kit and look forward to hearing any feedback you have!
Dark Swarm (W)
- Damage increased from 30 to 50
- Damage is now universal to all units (no bonus damage to Heroes)
- Cooldown increased from 9 to 10 seconds
- Removed: Primal Aggression (W)
- Enhanced Agility (Trait)
- Movement Speed bonus per 50 Essence increased from 1.5 to 2%
- The duration of Brushstalker’s Movement Speed bonus after leaving brush increased from 1 to 3 seconds
- Tissue Regeneration (Trait)
- Regeneration Globes grant 10 Essence
- Feeding Frenzy (Q)
- Cooldown reduction per attack increased from 1.5 to 2 seconds
- Removed: Essence Devourer (W)
- Removed: Swift Pursuit (Trait)
- Ferocious Stalker (Trait)
- Your abilities deal 25% more damage while you have the Brushstalker Movement Speed buff
- New Talent: Primal Rage (Passive)
- Gain 1% Basic Attack damage for every Essence you currently have
Developer Comment: These changes are based primarily on win and pick rates of some of Dehaka’s talent tiers. We removed some unpopular talents and combined a few others to make them more attractive. Dehaka’s talent tree should now be a little bit sharper and hopefully open a few new build paths for players.
- Ghost Tracer: Recall visual effects will now correctly display on Ghost Tracer’s model when using Recall.
- Lúcio: Will no longer appear elevated on the Ranked screen.
- Prime Evil Diablo: Apocalypse visual effects will no longer persist on Prime Evil Diablo’s model when casting Apocalypse immediately after Hellgate.
- Braxis Holdout: Fixed an issue that could cause players to receive an AFK warning while contesting a Beacon.
- Braxis Holdout: Beacon UI that appears below the minimap will now correctly appear neutral if they are not controlled by either team.
- Towers of Doom: Heroes can no longer clip into the edges of the terrain when moving near the edges of the allied Hall of Storms.
- Try Mode: The Refresh Forts button will no longer cause Malfurion to spawn when Allied Hero is set to None.
Heroes, Abilities, and Talents
- Abathur: Fixed an issue in which Networked Carapace provided a lower than intended Shield amount.
- Abathur: Secondary Shields granted by Networked Carapace will no longer benefit from Sustained Carapace.
- Azmodan: When Demonic Invasion is cast on an area of terrain that is not pathable, the Demonic Grunts will now be placed as close as possible to the casting location, rather than failing to spawn.
- Azmodan: Issuing a Move Command during All Shall Burn’s wind-up time will no longer cancel the Ability cast.
- Cassia: Inner Light’s tooltip now consistently states that range is increased by 25% before and after taking the Talent.
- Cassia: Martial Law will no longer apply bonus damage to slowed or stunned Minions and Mercenaries.
- Cassia: Fixed an issue that could cause Valkyrie to pull its target farther than intended if Cassia was Stopped.
- Dehaka: Basic Attacks will now correctly reduce Drag’s cooldown after learning Feeding Frenzy.
- Gall: Can now properly cast Shove while channeling Shadow Bolt volley.
- Gazlowe: Fixed an issue preventing Rock It! Turrets from being self-cast or placed beneath unit and Hero models.
- Kerrigan: Bladed Momentum will no longer grant cooldown reduction for secondary targets hit by Basic Attacks after learning Fury of the Storm.
- Tracer: Can now correctly attack Minions who are affected by Sylvanas’ Possession.
- Announcers: Will now play their “Prepare for Battle” voiceover lines during the opening moments of a match.
- Hero Select: Fixed an issue that could cause some heroes’ voiceover to echo after clicking Ready during Hero Select.
- Hero Select: Lúcio will now correctly play voiceover upon searching for a match in the Portuguese and Chinese game clients.
- Collection: The Collection screen will no longer appear cut off when screen resolution is set to 1280×1024 or 1152×864.
- Collection: Hovering the cursor over a truncated item name in the Collection will now correctly display a tooltip that states the item’s full name.
- Emojis: Emojis whispered between Heroes of the Storm players will now display their shortcodes when the whisper is viewed in the Blizzard Launcher’s chat window.
- Quick Cast: Fixed an issue causing abilities to fail when quick-casted over the minimap with the “Right Click through Minimap” option enabled.