Microsoft’s plans for a seamless shared platform between Xbox One and Windows 10 hasn’t quite gone to plan.
Xbox exclusives such as Forza Horizon 3, ReCore and Gears Of War 4, which launches on October 11, have had major downloading issues for Windows 10 users, often forcing a restart of the download once there’s an error.
Update KB3194496 specifically addresses this, just in time for players to start pre-load Gears 4. There’s nothing worse than starting your game download and then waking up the next morning to see that it’s restarted and isn’t anywhere near complete.
This update coincides with a Forza Horizon 3 update, which addresses a number of Windows 10 issues that have plagued that game since release.
Many gamers complained of performance issues while playing the game at high and unlocked framerates. This new updates appears to focus on stuttering issues, so high-end users should be able to play the highly acclaimed racer at optimal settings from today.
Check out the full list of fixes in the update below.
- Fixed a performance issue on Windows 10 that caused stuttering with high or unlocked framerates on certain hardware configurations
- Improved stability on Windows 10
- Disable mouse move detection while driving
- The Windows 10 video options screen will no longer ask users to save when no changes have been made
- Additional options have been added to the Windows 10 Advanced Controller Menu. These include:
- Steering wheel sensitivity
- Invert Force Feedback
- Centre spring scale
- Damping scale
- Fixed a problem where pre-order cars and the Halo Warthog were not appearing in the Windows 10 version of the game for some players
- Logitech G27 is now registered correctly on Windows 10, so the correct default mapping will be applied
- All wheels with enough buttons have had the horn added to their default mappings on Windows 10
- Fix to dead zones for acceleration and braking axes on wheels
- Default mappings for all TX Racing Wheel variants
- Fixed a bug where custom input mappings would not save successfully
- The Social and Rivals tabs will now unlock for players with Xbox Live Silver accounts
- Fixed a bug where the racing line would sometimes disappear
- Controller hot swapping is now available. Players can switch between controllers/their keyboard whenever they choose (including the wheel)
- Various content fixes for cars