Far Cry 6 had landed, introducing players to the vast open world of Yara. In this guide we’ll break down the game’s two main difficulty settings to help ensure you choose the right one to match your playing style.
When you first start the game and work your way through the settings, you’ll be presented with the option to select from two difficulty settings:
- Story difficulty: This difficulty setting lowers the difficulty and damage output of enemies, to ensure you can quickly move through areas and experience a more seamless story progression
- Action difficulty: This difficulty really ups the ante from an action standpoint, with tougher enemies and strongholds
The recommendation is that if you’re familiar with the genre and/or Far Cry series, that you stick with the Action difficulty. However, if you want to breeze through the story, then the Story difficulty is great, just don’t experience much in the way of challenge.
The good news is that if you choose one over the other, you’re not tied to this difficult for the whole game.
How to change difficulty in Far Cry 6
Here’s how you change difficulty in Far Cry 6 at any point during gameplay.
- Press Options/Menu button on your controller to open the game’s menus
- Navigate to the “System” tab
- Navigate to “Options”
- Navigate to “Gameplay”
- Select your difficulty option for the top of the screen
And that’s it. Which difficulty setting do you prefer? Sound off in the comments below!