Razer is ready for a big new console generation, with the Kaira Pro headset set to usher the company into the Xbox Series X and Series S generation.
The Kaira Pro is designed specifically for the Xbox range of consoles, promising a high-performance wireless gaming headset experience on the Xbox Series X and Series S.
The headset utilises Razer’s TriForce Titanium 50mm Drivers and HyperClear Supercardioid Mic to deliver its award-winning audio technologies to Xbox gamers on the new consoles. Alongside its Xbox Wireless and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, the headset may well be the most important third-party peripheral you can purchase in the generation’s early days.
The key feature here with the Kaira Pro is its cross-platform compatibility. The Xbox brand has expanded across platforms, available on PC, Android, and iOS. The problem, however, was that gamers were often left relying on a different range of headsets depending on which platform they were playing their games.
The Kaira Pro promises to offer a consistent experience on Xbox Series X, S, PC, Android, and tablets.
“Now that gamers can play their favourite games almost anywhere they want, the need for a high-performance, multi-platform headset is greater than ever,” says Alvin Cheung, Senior Vice President of Razer’s peripherals business unit.
“With the Kaira Pro, gamers now have a single headset for use at home on their Xbox Series X|S or PC, which is also ideal when they’re out and playing on their Android phone or tablet. By pairing the Kaira Pro with a Razer Kishi and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, gamers can take the full console experience with them wherever they go.”
The headset will connect to the Xbox Series X and Series S without the need for a dongle, while Windows 10 PC and Android phones or tablets can be connected via Bluetooth 5.0.
Razer Kaira Pro specs
· Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
· Impedance: 32Ω at 1 kHz
· Sensitivity (@1 kHz): 108 dB
· Drivers: 50 mm, with Neodymium magnets
· Inner ear cup diameter: Width 56mm / Length 67mm
· Oval ear cushions: Designed for full-ear coverage with heat-transfer fabric, perfect for long-wearing comfort
· Connection type: Direct to Xbox / via Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10
· Wireless range: 10 m / 30 ft
· Wireless frequency: 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
· Battery life: Up to 15 hours (with Chroma Lighting)/ 20 hours (without Chroma Lighting)
· Frequency response: 100 – 10,000 Hz
· Signal-to-noise ratio: > 60 dB
· Sensitivity (@1 kHz): -54 ± 3 dB
· Pick-up pattern: Unidirectional
· Bluetooth wireless range: Up to 10m / 30ft
· Xbox One / Xbox One S / Xbox One X/ Xbox Series X|S
· PC (Windows 10 or higher)*
· Devices with Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
*May require Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (not included/ Sold Separately)
Kaira Pro PRICE & AVAILABILITY
$149.99 USD / €169.99 MSRP
- Razer.com: November 5, 2020
- Authorised resellers: Q4 2020