Big changes continue to be rolled out on the Overwatch PTR, with the likes of Sigma and the forthcoming Role Queue update set to significantly change the game’s competitive landscape. With the latest PTR patch notes, it’s clear that Blizzard is still working to refine the offerings ahead of Role Queue’s introduction, and interestingly they’ve rolled back a rather important change to Moira’s fade with the latest update.
A PTR update a little under a fortnight ago unveiled details to buff Moira’s fade. Moira could temporarily fade out of stuns, meaning she could actually heal her teammates after, say, a Reinhardt Earthshatter.
Blizzard was quick to put an end to that experiment, despite a relatively positive response from the Overwatch community playing on the PTR. Once the update was implemented, however, players found Moira to be far too powerful, as it allowed her to too easily fade out of a well-timed enemy stun.
As such, Blizzard swiftly reversed the changes in the latest PTR update, effectively “nerfing” her back to what she was before July 19.
Check out the full Overwatch PTR Patch Notes for July 25 below.
- Practice Range has been re-enabled.
- No longer usable while stunned.
- Cooldown reduced from 15 to 13 seconds
- Shield per damage conversion increased from 0.33 to 0.40
- Fixed a bug where jumping while scoped shooting could cause the gun to clip into the camera slightly.
- Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could get stuck in his slam animation if landing on very flat slippery surfaces.