The latest update for Overwatch brings with it not only celebratory events in the way of Anniversary 2019 festivities, but also brings with it the highly anticipated new creation suite: the Overwatch Workshop.
The Workshop finally comes to Xbox One and PS4 along with PC after a stint on PC, and with it comes a complex and powerful new way to create, share, and battle it out in Overwatch.
The Anniversary 2019 event also comes with a stack of new skins, along with a host of some of the more popular modes from past Overwatch events, rotating through the game’s Arcade browser daily.
Check out the full Overwatch patch notes below.
OVERWATCH MAY 21 PATCH NOTES
WORKSHOP FEATURES: “We’re excited to share a new in-game feature called the Workshop! The Workshop greatly expands the game customization features available in the Game Browser by providing a simplified game scripting system. Enhance the Overwatch game modes you know and love with new game rules, new victory conditions, adjustments to the hero movement and abilities, and much more. Once you’ve designed an awesome new game mode, create a code to share it with your friends or the whole community!
“We’re excited to see what you come up with! Note that Workshop is a complex feature that we’re still iterating on, so we may need to adjust or turn it off as we work to improve it.”
BAPTISTE IMMORTALITY FIELD
- If it lands on a moving platform, it will move along with the platform
WRECKING BALL MINEFIELD
- If a mine lands on a moving platform, it will move along with the platform
- Some event rewards (Skins, Icons, etc.) aren’t translated into Japanese. We’re working on finishing up these translations. We’ll add these translations in an upcoming release.
- The in-game link to the Workshop Forum will currently send you to the English, Chinese, or Korean forum, depending on your region. This will be fixed in an upcoming release.
- Workshop isn’t completely translated into Japanese. We’re working on finishing up the translations. We’ll add these translations in an upcoming release.
CONSOLE BUG FIXES
- Fixed a bug where Immortality Field would become stuck under some objects
- Fixed a bug where Immortality Field would behave oddly when placed on a moving platform
- Fixed a bug where a healing grenade would appear in his Biotic Launcher when it is out of ammo
- Fixed a bug where the healing grenades from the Biotic Launcher wouldn’t hit teammates when deflected by Genji’s Deflect
- Fixed a bug where D.Va’s speed when using Boosters decreased dramatically when flying over some platforms
- Fixed a bug where Genji couldn’t climb up certain pillars on the Havana map
- Fixed a bug where Hanzo couldn’t climb up certain pillars on the Havana map
- Fixed a bug with Moira’s Scientist skin where her lab coat would clip into itself while using the Erlenmeyer victory pose
- Fixed a bug where damage boosting from a teammate’s ability (such as Baptiste’s Amplification Matrix) would count towards Orisa’s damage amplified statistic when using Supercharger