Call of Duty: WWII developer, Sledgehammer Games, has been hard at work improving the game’s performance across all platforms, and the latest patch aims to put some performance issues to rest.
The game has suffered through a rough launch, with server and performance issues plaguing what is otherwise a very solid and enjoyable game.
This latest PC updates focuses on bug fixes, as well as some subtle tweaks to multiplayer performance and balance.
Interestingly and certainly good for the community is the additional of Discord support, just in time for the game’s first season of Ranked Play in December.
There has been a number of noted performance issues hurting the game’s performance, as well as some weapon balancing issues that have made for an inconsistent multiplayer experience when heading online (if you can find a stable server).
As for Dedicated Servers, these were rolled out over the weekend for PS4 players, with Sledgehammer monitoring performance across the US. Xbox One dedicated servers are being tested in a smaller capacity over a shorter period of time, and were recently turned off after testing.
This latest patch will hopefully also address issues related to disconnecting from the server, which would often result in stats loss and lobby freezes whenever trying to reenter a match.
Check out the full Patch Notes below.
- Fixed an issue where the FOV was being reset to 65 every time the user starts Multiplayer
- Resolved an issue where FPS is locked to 60 fps when using HDR on 60hz monitors in Windowed (No Border) mode
- Fixed a hitching issue when using 144hz monitor in Windowed (Not Border) with Vsync & Freesync enabled
- Ranked Play support added for the upcoming Ranked Season in December
- Support added for Discord
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES:
- Connectivity improvements and optimizations
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
- General UI improvements
- Various issues with when the party leader disbands the party
- Fixed various issues with parties following the party leader to the HQ
- Fixed a rare issue where players are being booted from public lobbies
- Fixed a host migration issue when the party leader exits the game via exit to desktop
- Fixed issue with kill feed improperly displaying a user has changed their name
- Addressed animation issue with Laughing Emote
- Addressed glare issues with various Weapon Kits while SSR is set to High
- Resolved issue with After Action Report not appearing after Gridiron and Capture the Flag matches
- Addressed uncommon issue where HUD would only display for a single player in Hardcore DOM
- Espionage Basic Training – Reduced painted time from 10 seconds to 6. Made it so only bullet damage paints you
- Addressed issue with Mastery challenges were number of challenges was displaying incorrectly making Challenges impossible to complete
- Fixed tank inversion and sensitivity setting for War tank controls
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON UPDATES:
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun – damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG – increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod – Sped up ADS time when in bipod stance
- BAR Rifle – decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle – widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle – increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol – decreased damage ranges
SNIPER CLASS – Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights.
COD:WWII NAZI ZOMBIES UPDATES:
- Fixed a crash with host migration while in a public zombies match
- Addressed lighting/glare issues with Tesla gun in Zombies when SSR is enabled.
- Fixed Klaus pathing
- After players prestige once, “WELCOME TO THE HQ” quest pops pack up.
- After finishing a game, classes with Heroic weapons get reset
- Emblem Editor – Because most of our players are using a mouse & keyboard we wanted to take advantage of that, particularly for the UX around Emblem Editor. Therefore, we are taking some extra time to apply some more polish into the feature before releasing it on PC. The Emblem Editor is planned to be released in December, but stay tuned for more details on what PC specific features we are adding.