Destiny 2 is finally here in the form of an explosive open beta, which now available on Xbox and PS4. If you’ve pre-ordered the game you can jump into the beta now, otherwise you’ll have to wait until 3am AEST, or alternatively use this trick to download it early without pre-ordering on PS4.
From what we can tell about the experience, it’s much of the same with some subtle as well as a number of potent changes that mix things up a bit.
In this guide we’ll take a look at the Warlock class, specifically the Voidwalker subclass.
Voidwalker Guide: All Super, Abilities, and Grenades
The Voidwalker focuses on manipulation and use of Void energy. This subclass is a particularly offensive class, although it’s not quite as effective defensively.
There are two currently known Warlock class skills in Destiny 2:
- Healing Rift: The Healing Rift allows you to produce a circle of light that heals players and allies within the radius
- Empowering Rift: The Empowering Rift allows you to produce a circle of light that boost attack damage power (as opposed to healing)
Voidwalker Super Ability
- Nova Bomb – Hurl an explosive bolt of Void Light at the enemy, disintegrating those caught within its blast
- Strafe Glide – Glide through the air after jumping
- Burst Glide – Receive a boost of speed after the initial jump
- Balanced Glide – Improve control and speed while in midair
- Vortex Grenade – Creates a Vortex that continually damages enemies that are trapped inside
- Axion Bolt – A bolt that sends out smaller bolts and explodes on impact to seek out other enemies
- Scatter Grenade – Splits into submunitions, covering a larger area with more explosions
- Attunement of Chaos
- Chaos Accelerant – Hold L1 to draw power from your Super to overcharge your grenade, making it deadlier and more effective.
- Bloom – Void ability kills cause enemies to explode.
- Cataclysm – Nova Bomb travels slowly and seeks enemies. Detonations shatter into smaller seeker projectiles. Fire your weapon at the Nova Bomb to detonate it early.
- Entropic Pull – Strike an enemy with this Melee Ability to drain your enemy’s life force and use it to recharge your grenade.
- Attunement of Hunger
- Devour – Kill an enemy with this melee ability to fully regenerate your health. For a short time afterward, kills restore additional health.
- Feed the Void – Hold L1 to consume your grenade energy to regenerate your health. Grants the Devour effect.
- Insatiable – While the Devour effect is active, killing enemies extends its duration and recharges your grenade.
- Vortex – Nova Bomb creates a singularity which continually damages enemies trapped inside.