The latest update for the Nintendo Switch adds a number of interesting new features, ensuring gamers will never lose their controllers again, nor play online alone again.
Update 3.0.0 adds a vibrate function for the Switch controllers, which are easily losable but can now be easily located by initiating the lost controller function via the console. This will initiate a vibrate, making it easier to locate them.
The Pro Controller has also been given a new feature, now given the ability to be charged via USB charging cable.
On the online front, you’l be able to add friends from your 3DS and Wii U friend lists, and you’ll also start receiving notifications when your Friends come online.
Check out the patch notes for Nintendo Switch firmware update 3.0.0 below.
Register a channel to receive News for specific games
– To register, head to News > Find Channels
Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
– To add friends, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Friend Suggestions
Receive notifications when your Friends go online
– To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > Notifications > Friend Notifications
Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
– To search, head to Controllers > Find Controllers
Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
– To change order, head to System Settings > Users > Change Order
Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
– To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
– To access Quick Settings, hold down the HOME Button
Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
– To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower Max Headphone Volume (This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled)
Change display colours to Invert Colours or Grayscale
– To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colours
Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
– To enable, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication (The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.)
Update connected controllers
– To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers
Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software
– To use this feature, head to System Settings > Data Management > Quick Archive (User save data is not deleted)
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including:
– Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
– Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode