Treyarch is set to unveil Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 – Zombies Chronicles on the world next week when it hits PlayStation 4 on May 16.
Bringing with it eight remastered Treyarch Zombies maps, and celebrating its release with eight days of Double XP and other rewards, Zombies Chronicles looks to be the final piece of DLC for Black Ops 3 before the release of Call of Duty: WWII, and of course before Treyarch turns its attention to its own 2018 Call of Duty entry.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 – Zombie Chronicles will introduce a host of new GobbleGum powerups, so while the expansion is part of Black Ops 3‘s Season Pass, it still offers quite a bit, even if the $29.99 USD price tag is a bit steep.
GobbleGums are special unlockable consumable items that gift bonuses, abilities, or effects. Here are the GobbleGums up for purchase in Black Ops 3 – Zombies Chronicles.
Board Games (Mega)
- Lasts five rounds: Repairing one board at a window repairs all boards at that window.
Flavor Hexed (Mega)
- Immediately activates: Selects a random Mega, Rare, or Ultra GobbleGum that is not in the player’s loadout. If the player doesn’t bleed or take a new GobbleGum from the machine, this will repeat a second time when the first has run out.
Board to Death (Rare)
- Lasts five minutes: Zombies within 15 feet of a repaired board are killed.
Extra Credit (Rare)
- Four activations available: Spawns a personal point power-up worth 1,250 points.
Idle Eyes (Rare)
- Three activations lasting 30 seconds each: All Zombies ignore all players and stand idle.
Soda Fountain (Rare)
- Five activations when purchasing a perk: Perk purchase limit is ignored. When purchasing a perk, get a random one for free.
Power Vacuum (Ultra)
- Lasts four full rounds: Power-ups drop more often.
Reign Drops (Ultra)
- Two activations: Spawns one of each of the nine core power-ups. When activated, you’ll drop Nuke, Double Points, Fire Sale, Insta-Kill, Random Perk, Max Ammo, Death Machine, and Blood Money power-ups.
Eye Candy (Whimsical)
- Four activations: Overrides the colors you see. It’ll create a color overlay that will highlight zombies in a color that can be changed by re-activating the GobbleGum.
Tone Death (Whimsical)
- Activates each “X” zombie kill: A set of random silly zombie sounds and death sounds play instead of the normal ones.
Zombies Chronicles will land on PlayStation 4 first on May 16, with Xbox One and PC expected to hit in the weeks later.