DICE and EA lifted the lid off Star Wars: Battlefront 2 last weekend, and information continues to trickle out about the game, with attention firmly focused on gameplay features and multiplayer classes.
The Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition stands to be the definitive version of Battlefront 2 on offer, granting you early access to the game, playable from three days before launch.
The special edition also comes with easy access to four “upgraded” classes from the get-go, four specialised classes that standard edition owners will need to earn over time.
The pre-order image of the Elite Trooper Deluxe goes into deeper detail about each of these four classes. Let’s take a look at them.
Mod: Enhanced grip
Ability: Battle Command
Mod: Barrel vent
Ability: Personal Shield
Ability: Thermal Detonator
Ability: Laser Trip Mine
Set to hit PC, Xbox One and PS4 on November 17, Battlefront 2 is now available for pre-order.
You can jump right into battle with the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition, which is currently priced digitally for $119.70 AUD, or $107.73 AUD for EA Access members.
Buying the Deluxe Edition grants you early access to the game, playable from three days before launch.
Here’s what else you can expect in the Battlefront 2 Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition:
Elite Officer Upgrade Pack:
- Blurrg-1120 + enhanced grip modification
- Battle Command epic ability modifier
Heavy Metal Upgrade Pack:
- FWMB-10 “Megablaster” + barrel vent modification
- Personal Shield epic ability modifier
Armored Assault Upgrade Pack:
- CR-2 + trigger modification
- Thermal Detonator epic ability modifier
Master Specialist Upgrade Pack:
- A280-CFE + scope modification
- Laser Trip Mine epic ability modifier
Up to 3 days early-access to Star Wars Battlefront II
Star Wars Battlefront II: The Last Jedi Heroes, including:
- Exclusive** Star Wars: The Last Jedi themed looks for two hero characters:
- Kylo Ren
- 1 epic ability modifier that upgrades Millennium Falcon to the Star Wars: The Last Jedi Millennium Falcon with updated sounds and look
- 2 epic ability modifiers for Rey that allow you to control the minds of your enemies and create confusion on the battleground
- 2 epic ability modifiers for Kylo Ren that allow you to freeze and pull opponents as you use the Force
- 1 epic ability modifier for a new First Order hero ship
The recently revealed trailer for Battlefront 2 focuses a lot on the game’s story, a far cry from the multiplayer-only outing available in 2015’s entry.
We will indeed be getting a single-play campaign with a fully fleshed story, something fans have been crying out for since Battlefront was first revealed to be getting the reboot treatment at DICE HQ.
We know a few details about the story, including that it takes place immediately after Return Of The Jedi. In the trailer we can see the second Death Star exploding, as was the case at the end of ROTJ.
From the dialogue in the trailer we can gather that our main “protagonist”, or playable character, or whatever you want to call her, is fighting for the Empire, and aims to avenge the Emperor.
Iden Versio is the playable character, and DICE appears intent on showing a structured, coherent perspective of the Empire’s objectives, and why it so aggressively battles the Rebellion for control of the galaxy.
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 launches November 17 on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.