Boosting To Level 99
There is a sneaky way to quickly get your player up to a 99 rating. It still takes a bit of grinding but isn’t anywhere near as long to hit the max as the original, intended way.
This “exploit” of kinds will need you to:
- Visit the gym for a practice session.
- When a player enters the gym and asks to work out, say “No”.
- Once you’ve rejected the request, head on over to the side of the court into the small little gym room.
- Play the “vertical leap” test. Use the right analogue to jump and reach the highest point.
- You’ll easily earn a ‘gold’ rating. Do this test until you fill the “Doin’ Work” meter.
- Once it’s full, leave the gym to work your meter towards the upgrade and VC.
- Return to the gym and repeat.
It’s still a bit of a grind but it’s an effective way to boost your player up without having to wait months to reach peak player rating.
Got any tips or questions for NBA 2K17? Sound off in the comments below!