Overwatch 2 is celebrating Halloween with the new Junkenstein’s Revenge PvE event, and alongside the launch of the game’s first event is a big new update that addresses a number of gameplay fixes and changes. Read on for the full list of patch notes.
While the likes of Sombra and Genji have not yet seen their hotly debated nerfs, this latest update addresses a number of in-game UI, map and hero bugs
Most notable was a bug that saw players retaining 30% of ultimate charge between rounds on Control maps, which led to sudden blitzes in the second and third rounds of matches, potentially creating an unbalanced scenario in Competitive matches.
A host of heroes are also set for pretty significant updates. Bastion and Torbjorn have both been added back to the lineup after extended periods off the roster.
Most changes across the hero roster appear like small fixes, ahead of what is anticipated to be a fairly big update in a few weeks. It was anticipated that both Genji and Sombra would be nerfed as part of the October 24 update for the OWL Playoffs.
Check out the Overwatch 2 patch notes for October 25 below.
- Fixed an issue where players retained 30% ultimate charge between rounds on Control maps
- Fixed an issue with Control Point maps not always correctly transitioning to overtime
- Fixed the ‘vs.’ screen not appearing in Competitive
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to invite others to Custom Game via clicking an empty spectator slot
- Fixed an issue with text chat being unavailable to gamepad users on PC
- Using Pause Match in Custom Game will no longer disable other menu buttons
- Fixed an issue with Kill Cams not playing correctly during Overtime
- Players should no longer be able to get stuck under TS-1 in the Push game mode
- Fixed an issue with controllers not being able to scroll on some UI
- Modified the umbrellas and tables in the forward spawn’s café so it’s easier to move around
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the umbrellas in the forward spawn’s café
- Fixed some areas in which players could get stuck
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.EmailSign up
- Resolved a performance issue with some cannisters placed on the map
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Little Red’ skin and ‘Line Dance’ emote performing a broken animation
- Bastion has been added back to the line up
- Resolved an issue with Bastion’s Configuration: Artillery where you could fire more than the three allotted charges
- Bastion’s weapon should no longer disappear when using Configuration: Artillery
- Jagged Blade should no longer be deflected or returned by friendly abilities
- The ‘Tanpopo’ skin can now be purchased and equipped
- Kiriko’s Heroic pose is now unlocked
- Fixed an issue with Swift Step not clearing negative side effects consistently
- Fixed an issue with Kitsune Rush not correctly reducing the cooldown of Baptiste’s Immortality Field
- Fixed a bug where Mei’s visual effects stopped playing during the match
- Resolved an issue with Mercy’s primary fire animation looping after switching weapons
- Modified the placement of Reinhardt’s Charms
- Fixed an issue where Roadhog’s Chain Hook failed to land the target when it should have hit
- Fixed an issue with Roadhog’s quick melee animation not playing correctly
- Symmetra should no longer be able to use her ultimate and place her teleporter at the same time
- Torbjörn has been added back to Competitive Play
- Overload can no longer be used multiple times in succession