There’s now 4 million Xbox One players eating chicken dinner, with gaming juggernaut PlayerUnknown’s: Battlegrounds proving to be one of the console’s more popular releases over the past few years.
While the release is certainly not without its issues — some players even claim the Xbox version is a low-spec version of the PC version, which, let’s be honest, it truly is — it’s still proven to be one of the most played and talked about games on the console, despite being an undeniably PC-optimised beast that’s far better on PC.
It’s still worth a try on Xbox One however if you have a lazy 30 bux to through around, and while it’s still in Early Access and probably has countless updates coming to it on the horizon, the good news is that the development team is hard at work optimising the experience for console gamers.
A host of bux fixes, tweaks and optimisation has been applied to the Xbox One version of PUBG, aiming to improve the accessibility, intuitiveness and overall functionality of the experience on console and controller. Check out the patch notes below.
We’ve listened to your feedback and further modified the damage players can inflict on vehicles, increasing areas of vulnerability. This includes:
- Increased damage to the vehicle body, and significant damage to the wheels when targeted with gunfire
- Increased vehicle damage when successfully targeted with a grenade
- Both driver and passenger will suffer increased injuries from crashing into objects or other vehicles (Dacia, UAZ, and Buggy)
- Slight reduction to player damage when being struck by a vehicle
- Continued optimization to controller input lag
- Visual quality of the reticle is improved for Xbox One (Red Dot, Holographic, and 2x Sight)
- Resolved issue where inventory may highlight the wrong column when looting
- The sensitivity setting for 4x Scope is now also applied to the permanent scope on the VSS
- Auto-run (double-clicking the left stick) is disabled when aiming down sights
- Players can now use the D-Pad while in the map view without switching melee, pistol, or throwing weapons
- Removing the marker from the map when pressing (Y) will no longer switch primary/secondary weapons
- Fixed issue where the crosshair is not correctly displayed after players reconnect to a game session