Destiny 2 is finally here in the form of an explosive open beta, which now available on Xbox and PS4. If you’ve pre-ordered the game you can jump into the beta now, otherwise you’ll have to wait until 3am AEST, or alternatively use this trick to download it early without pre-ordering on PS4.
From what we can tell about the experience, it’s much of the same with some subtle as well as a number of potent changes that mix things up a bit.
In this guide we’ll take a look at the Warlock class, specifically the Dawnblade subclass. Throw in some new Super Abilities as well and it’s clear to see just how new and refined the Destiny 2 experience is.
Bungie has only revealed two subclasses for the Warlock.
There are two currently known Warlock class skills in Destiny 2:
- Healing Rift: The Healing Rift allows you to produce a circle of light that heals players and allies within the radius
- Empowering Rift: The Empowering Rift allows you to produce a circle of light that boost attack damage power (as opposed to healing)
Dawnblade Guide: All Super, Abilities, and Grenades
The Dawnblade subclass is said to replace the Sunsinger class from vanilla Destiny. Let’s take a look at its abilities and movement modes.
Daybreak Super Ability
- L1+R1/LB+RB – Unleash Solar Light and striking enemies from mid air
- R1/RB – Throws Solar Light blades towards nearby enemies
- Strafe Glide – Glide through the air after jumping
- Burst Glide – Receive a boost of speed after the initial jump
- Balanced Glide – Improve control and speed while in midair
- Solar Grenade – Creates a flare of Solar Light, continuously damaging enemies trapped inside
- Firebolt – Unleashes bolts of Solar Light at nearby enemies
- Fusion – Causes bonus damage when attached to its target
- Attunement of Sky
- Winged Sun – While gliding, throw grenades and fire weapons
- Heat Rises – All kills while airborne will recharge Grenade and Melee Energy
- Icarus Dash – Allows dodge while in midair by pressing Circle/B
- Swift Strike – Temporarily increase movement and reload speed when striking an enemy and burning them
- Attunement of Flame
- Igniting Touch – Burn an enemy by striking them and causing them to explode
- Fated for the Flame – Daybreak projectiles will seek out moving targets
- Everlasting Fire – Extends duration of Daybreak with every kill
- Phoenix Dive – Descend and regain health while in midair
Keep a look out on our Destiny 2 hub for more guides.