The latest update for Overwatch looks to patch and fix a number of glaring issues in the latest brawl, Uprising, while also addressing some minor issues with Competitive Play.
As great as Uprising is, it’s proven to be a little buggy for players across all platforms.
Blizzard has been working to fix these bugs, and this latest patch should address most of the issues.
Perhaps the biggest problem was that of Null Sector bot spawns, with one bug in particular preventing the bots from spawning during the escort phase.
Some heroes also had accuracy issues whenever shooting while standing on the moving payload. Players had also complained of issues placing turrets on the payload, which has also been addressed in this update.
In Competitive Play, Blizzards has fixed an issue that could cause inaccurate results when breaking ties based on capture percentage on Assault and Assault/Escort maps.
There’s also a handful of hero bug fixes. Check out the patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game client to crash when Overwatch was launched
- Fixed a bug preventing the Null Sector bots from spawning during the payload escort phase of the Overwatch Uprising brawl
- The Overwatch Uprising 2017 player icon will now unlock when you log into the event
- Firing shots while standing on the payload in Overwatch Uprising will no longer cause accuracy issues for your hero
- Fixed an issue preventing players from placing turrets on moving platforms (i.e. the payload)
- The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks stats from Sombra’s Hack
- The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks Ana’s healing stats
- The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks D.Va’s enemy eliminations
- Fixed an issue that could cause inaccurate results when breaking ties based on capture percentage on Assault and Assault/Escort maps
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to move freely when being hit by Mei’s Blizzard or Endothermic Blaster
- Fixed a bug causing D.Va’s hair to be rigid in the Selfie highlight intro when her Palanquin skin is equipped
- Fixed a bug causing Soldier: 76’s cape to clip during the Push-Ups emote when his Strike Commander Morrison, Daredevil: 76, or Stunt Rider: 76 skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug causing the ice on Pharah’s Frostbite skin to stretch when her Flair emote was activated
- Fixed a bug causing glass that has been shattered by an explosion to be colored black