Skyrim: Special Edition has reintroduced players to Bethesda’s epic open-world RPG, arguably one of the best games of last generation.
While we’ve had Fallout 4 to feed into our RPG cravings this generation, it’s been nice to return to Tamriel in Skyrim.
The game’s launch was generally smooth, critical response has been solid and sales have been impressive. And with mod support for PS4 gamers, it’s clear that now’s as good a time as ever to jump back into Skyrim.
Players on PC and PS4 can now also download the latest update for the game, with the Xbox One update coming next week.
The update focused on a number of issues related to crashing and stability, which were ironically introduced by the 1.1 patch. PC users have complained about the game crashing whenever alt-tab is pressed, and this update looks to address that.
Here’s what you can expect in the latest update for Skyrim: Special Edition.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue related to using alt-tab while playing the game (PC)
- Fixed issue with water flow not rendering properly
- Fixed crash related to changing from werewolf back to human form
- Fixed crash related to reloading after changing Load Order of mods
- General bug fixing and improvements with browsing Mods