Xbox One S

This topic contains 38 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MicDaMan MicDaMan 3 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Barters81
    Barters81
    Participant
      • XP 118

New bundle out for the Xbox One S…I only got mine last week for this price without Fallout 4. Oh well.

The battlefield one bundle is pretty sweet.

https://ebgames.com.au/featured/console-hardware/xbox-one

Profile photo of Marty_Mate
      Marty_Mate
      Participant
        • XP 75

Well….my brother got the 65, and you know how that goes. :)

I’ve read about the update being in the UK, fingers crossed it arrives sooner rather than later. One interesting thing to note with these Hisense TVs. Apparently they have a 10-bit panel. Though if you select 10-bit in the Xbox One S, it won’t display at 4K. This could be part of the firmware update coming, but who really knows until it lands. I thought 10-bit was a requirement for HDR which could explain things.

HISENSE UPDATE: if you own a ULED HISENSE Series 7 TV and want to connect a new external HDR 4K capable device via HDMI you may receive an error message suggesting your TV is not HDR-enabled. It absolutely is, you just need a firmware update for that particular device. That update is now available for all Series 7 models by contacting HISENSE customer service on 1 800 447 367.
        Model No: 75M7000UWD, 70M7000UWG, 65M7000UWG, 55M7000UWG, 50M7000UWG
        Customers will receive the software update within 48 hours of contacting customer support.
        Hisense Australia Customer Support hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 7:30pm AEST and weekends from 9am to 5:00pm.

Barters81
        Participant
          • XP 118

I rang their customer support line this morning, got the email and update to glorious HDR via HDMI. I’m a happy camper.

FWIW – NBA2k17 has HDR in both PS4 and Xbox One S…..looks fantastic.

Barters81
          Participant
            • XP 118

So….Halo 4 was awesome. Glad I got to play that, especially in split screen with my son.

Barters81
            Participant
              • XP 118

Still some great deals out there for the Xbox One S at the present. This one is pretty sweet.

500Gb console, 2 good games (Gears 4 + Skyrim remastered) + one UHD bluray for $368.

https://ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-801033-500GB-Xbox-One-S-Ink-Blue-Console–2-Games–1-4K-UHD-Blu-Ray-Movie-Xbox-One

Though, I’m thinking the white console looks better.

Profile photo of Master Fenix
              Master Fenix
                • XP 850

Still some great deals out there for the Xbox One S at the present. This one is pretty sweet.

500Gb console, 2 good games (Gears 4 + Skyrim remastered) + one UHD bluray for $368.

https://ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-801033-500GB-Xbox-One-S-Ink-Blue-Console–2-Games–1-4K-UHD-Blu-Ray-Movie-Xbox-One

Though, I’m thinking the white console looks better.

@barters81 Yeah that’s ugly. I much prefer the Battlefield 1 army green Xbox One S.

Marty_Mate
                Participant
                  • XP 75

Finally tried out HDR gaming and Gears 4 looks fantastic on Xbox One S. Tried also Uncharted 4 on PS4 but it looked terrible. Colours were all out and what were supposed to be bright highlights are just pink splotches! Not sure what’s going on there. Some kind of incompatibility between PS4 and my TV.

Barters81
                  Participant
                    • XP 118

You’ve got a Hisense yeah?

I’ve got one as well and Uncharted looks fantastic with HDR enabled. I finally played through the second half of the game and constantly stopped to admire how gorgeous that game looks……mind you in some places it looks rather normal……in others it looks unbelievable.

I thought the HDR was implemented better in Gears 4 though.

Have you tried a HDR show on Netflix etc if you have it? Have you double checked the HDMI cable? Does your PS4 HDR settings say it’s enabled for 2K/4K? Probably all stupid questions….

Profile photo of Gryllis
                    Gryllis
                    Participant
                      • XP 114

Gears is definitely my favourite looking HDR game – but also it’s one of the first designed for it. Uncharted etc had it added later. Of course, it’s a bit of a weird time as it’s so new. Gears was developed in 4K + HDR for PC, but then released in 1080p with HDR for Xbox One S (presumably will be 4K on Scorpio). So it looks good on Xbox One, way better on Xbox One S and then is, not really better looking, but a bit clearer in 4K on PC.

But to me these three versions showed that while 4K is a step up, using HDR well is actually more noticeable.

Barters81
                      Participant
                        • XP 118

I agree, and I think you hit the nail on the head with regards to games being designed for HDR, and games having added it later.

NBA2k17 is another where the HDR doesn’t make all that much difference. Not like Gears4 or Forza Horizon.

I was more talkoing about the pruple splotches you said you were getting form Uncharted 4….that seems strange, I don’t have that problem playing the game in HDR on Hisense TV.

Marty_Mate
                        Participant
                          • XP 75

I was more talkoing about the pruple splotches you said you were getting form Uncharted 4….that seems strange, I don’t have that problem playing the game in HDR on Hisense TV.

I was the one getting purple splotches. It was a related to the RGB settings on the PS4, had to turn it off of the Auto setting. It’s all good now, game looks great.

Barters81
                          Participant
                            • XP 118

I was the one getting purple splotches. It was a related to the RGB settings on the PS4, had to turn it off of the Auto setting. It’s all good now, game looks great.

Yeah I was looking at the RGB settings on the AVforum thread about Hisense TVs today. Most are saying to manually change it as the PS4 has issues detecting the right setting. But anyway…back to Xbox

#minirant

I’m getting completely tired of accounts on consoles, especially when games only give you a single saved game per account….I’m looking at you Sunset Overdrive.

I honestly don’t give two shits about the account I’m playing through, I just want to play…..now!

And when I’m playing two player local coop and it asks if my 4 year old daughter has an account? Piss off, and just let me play.

Profile photo of MicDaMan
                            MicDaMan
                            Participant
                              • XP 451

Yeah multiple accounts to play split screen is absolutely shithouse… I have to have three accounts on my ps4 so I can play 3 person multi in black ops.

Any way came this close to buying a Samsung 4K Bluray player last weekend for $295 on special at Harvey Norman. But decided against it when I learnt there is no stan app, and Vuze wont work on it. So decided on a XBOX One S…. was about to get one when I learnt the games are only upscaled.
                              WTF people…. I dont want a PS Pro because now 4k blu ray, and I dont want XBONE becasue of the upscale. I can’t win. I guess I will have to hold off for Scorpio????

Can anyone tell me is the One S 4K at 25 frames or 60???

Profile photo of MicDaMan
                              MicDaMan
                              Participant
                                • XP 451

Sold my push bike today so I has money to buy a Xbox one S now….. but now Im thinking of being a tight arse and waiting until it comes on special [cool]

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.