Skyrim Definitive Edition

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tyrus Tyrus 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Master Fenix
    Master Fenix
      • XP 850

Seems like a remastered version of Skyrim will be announced at E3.

Hopefully with mod support!

Profile photo of FilthySausage
      FilthySausage
      Participant
        • XP 60

Would mod support be an xbox one thing only? It would suck if it was. Cant wait for this.

Could I be asking too much for a remastered oblivion hahaha

Profile photo of StuM91
        StuM91
        Participant
          • XP 90

I already have the definitive edition and it has mod support! It’s called PC ;)

Actually been playing a fair bit of this lately. Intend on completing the main quest finally :P

Master Fenix
            • XP 850

Would mod support be an xbox one thing only? It would suck if it was. Cant wait for this.

I suspect like Fallout it would be Xbox first and then PS4. They’d be crazy to not have console mod support.

Profile photo of Severus
            Severus
            Participant
              • XP 43

I suspect like Fallout it would be Xbox first and then PS4. They’d be crazy to not have console mod support.

It would suck if one gets it first on release day, defeats the purpose of calling it “definitive” for the other console platform. It might be okay if it’s downloadable just after release with ongoing support (for a year).

Profile photo of Barters81
              Barters81
              Participant
                • XP 118

I’m unsure whether I’ll ever play this to be honest. So many hours invested in the PS3 version…..I guess I could do it all differently. Though, I know I’ll be crafting daggers soon enough trying to get my dragon armour.

Sort of how I’d tell myself I’d play Oblivion differently, but didn’t.

Master Fenix
                  • XP 850

I’m unsure whether I’ll ever play this to be honest. So many hours invested in the PS3 version…..I guess I could do it all differently. Though, I know I’ll be crafting daggers soon enough trying to get my dragon armour.

Sort of how I’d tell myself I’d play Oblivion differently, but didn’t.

Gee I’d rather an Oblivion remaster, I won’t like. There was something about that game that I kept going back to. I’m happy with Skyrim, though. @gryllis covered it for MMGN so I never really played it much back in 2011.

Profile photo of Severus
                  Severus
                  Participant
                    • XP 43

I’m glad the mods will come DayOne, just hope it does load much faster and the save corruptions from the PS3 days gone as well….not that I’ve really played the launch game [cool]

Profile photo of Barters81
                    Barters81
                    Participant
                      • XP 118

I’ve sunk too many hours into Skyrim to go back to after a bit of thought.

Oblivion had a much much better guild progression than Skyrim IMHO. Each time I played I would try and do a different guild as they had such engrossing story lines all within themselves.

The Mage guild was awesome…….just to be able to walk around as the Arch Mage was wicked. Especially as by doing the quests you became a guru at casting spells. In fact, I loved getting to the top of each guild.

The Arena was awesome too.

Master Fenix
                        • XP 850

Skyrim Remastered: Bethesda Defends $60 Price Tag, Pre-Load, And Language Support Detailed

Skyrim Remastered: Bethesda Defends $60 Price Tag, Pre-Load, And Language Support Detailed

Profile photo of Maxiboy
                        Maxiboy
                        Participant
                          • XP 143

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” sandbox=”allow-scripts” security=”restricted” src=”http://gamingbolt.com/skyrim-remastered-bethesda-defends-60-price-tag-pre-load-and-language-support-detailed/embed#?secret=nbmYyVpYFX” data-secret=”nbmYyVpYFX” title=”“Skyrim Remastered: Bethesda Defends $60 Price Tag, Pre-Load, And Language Support Detailed” — GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog” marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ height=”247″ width=”600″></iframe>

I don’t get the furore, If you don’t want to pay for it again then just play it on your own console you’ll still enjoy the game. Meh maybe they’re angry PC players with all DLC get a free upgrade.

BTW I don’t know why but firefox treats that preview link weirdly, I can’t right click on it or open in new tab.

Profile photo of Tyrus
                          Tyrus
                          Participant
                            • XP 17

Kinda excited for this, but I know it might take some time for the mod community to get their stuff working with the Remastered edition + SKSE being ready for it in time for launch is not realistic. Mods all the way.

Profile photo of Gryllis
                            Gryllis
                            Participant
                              • XP 114

Keen to get back into it. Really rushed through it to review it on MMGN. Funnily enough, considering Bethesda’s new policy, that was to meet the review embargo, and I had it about 10 days before that (and I think over 2 weeks before its actual launch).

Back when the gaming media still mattered :p

Profile photo of Tyrus
                              Tyrus
                              Participant
                                • XP 17

Heard massive performance issues for the PC version + incompatibilities with some of the best mods. So I’m patiently waiting.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.