Star Wars Chat

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MicDaMan MicDaMan 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Master Fenix
    Master Fenix
      • XP 849

First trailer for Rogue One released tomorrow.

https://fenixbazaar.com/rogue-one-star-wars-story-trailer-teaser/

Profile photo of MicDaMan
      MicDaMan
      Participant
        • XP 445

Im so impressed with the trailer. Looks pretty tight for a none Jedi based flick. Although not sure how I feel about the samurai…

Master Fenix
          • XP 849

Im so impressed with the trailer. Looks pretty tight for a none Jedi based flick. Although not sure how I feel about the samurai

Mentioned as much in my summary of the trailer :P Looks weird.

Not sure it will be entirely light on the force as they said. I suspect stormtroopers are force sensitive.

Profile photo of Gryllis
          Gryllis
          Participant
            • XP 114

Got my copy of The Force Awakens on Blu-ray!

Got it for $25 from K-mart since Big W ($23) was too far. I almost missed it. Massive display for the DVD ($15), and it basically looked like that’s all there is. Then I found a tiny stack of blu-rays tucked away around the corner totally out of sight.

Who are these imbeciles buying a HD movie for their HDTV is repugnant SD?

First physical movie I bought since Skyfall in 2013 I think. Wanted a disc since I have all the others on Blu-ray to keep my collection going.

Profile photo of PapadumGeek
            PapadumGeek
            Participant
              • XP 73

Got my copy of The Force Awakens on Blu-ray! Got it for $25 from K-mart since Big W ($23) was too far. I almost missed it. Massive display for the DVD ($15), and it basically looked like that’s all there is. Then I found a tiny stack of blu-rays tucked away around the corner totally out of sight. Who are these imbeciles buying a HD movie for their HDTV is repugnant SD? First physical movie I bought since Skyfall in 2013 I think. Wanted a disc since I have all the others on Blu-ray to keep my collection going.

$23 is pretty good, I remember the days when they were like $50+

MicDaMan
              Participant
                • XP 445

Wow $25 is awesome. If I didnt sell all of my DVD collection then I would pick this up.

Profile photo of Gryllis
                Gryllis
                Participant
                  • XP 114

The making of documentary is pretty good (I think it’s only with the blu-ray , not with the DVD). Goes for a bit over an hour, and left me wanting to know more.

Obviously spoiler filled, so if you only saw it once in cinemas, watch it again first.

Master Fenix
                    • XP 849

It’ll be the only blu-ray i’ve bought in about 4 years. I’ve gone full digital now but definitely getting this on disc.

Profile photo of StuM91
                    StuM91
                    Participant
                      • XP 90

Feel like I have seen too much of this movie already, but I can’t wait!

Profile photo of Barters81
                      Barters81
                      Participant
                        • XP 118

Feel like I have seen too much of this movie already, but I can’t wait!

<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/sC9abcLLQpI?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” id=”fitvid982725″></iframe>

Looks great, though some of the acting may be a little questionable at times.

Loving a bit of Ben Mendelsohn…..he’s great. Also great to see Vader.

I recently watched the first trilogy again with my son and man, was Vader a bad ass. I hope they don’t dumb down young Kylo moving forward and make him genuinely bad like Vader was.

Master Fenix
                          • XP 849

Ben Mendelsohn’s role in Bloodline appears to have propelled him up the ranks. He’s getting some fantastic roles.

Profile photo of StuM91
                          StuM91
                          Participant
                            • XP 90

Just bought my ticket to see Rogue One at a midnight screening :-)

Master Fenix
                              • XP 849

Jesus, I totally forgot about it.

I still have to see Arrival as well.

Profile photo of Leasha
                              Leasha
                              Participant
                                • XP 269

Arrival was alright, wasnt expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised

Havent bought my Rogue One ticket yet either :/

Profile photo of StuM91
                                StuM91
                                Participant
                                  • XP 90

Off to the movies soon. I hope it’s good else tomorrow is going to be a miserable day at work.

Profile photo of Gryllis
                                  Gryllis
                                  Participant
                                    • XP 114

Saw it at midnight last night. I quite liked it, a different Star Wars story that didn’t get too bogged down in nostalgia, but was still full of it. Felt very Spin-offy, but that’s what they were going for. Pretty clear it’s not part of the main saga, almost to the extent you can ignore it if you want.

Profile photo of Leasha
                                    Leasha
                                    Participant
                                      • XP 269

See those were my feelings initially- what’s the point in seeing it as it holds no real value towards the bigger picture/main story

I’m headed away for Xmas, but will probably check it out once I get back

Profile photo of doyl
                                      doyl
                                      Participant
                                        • XP 18

See those were my feelings initially- what’s the point in seeing it as it holds no real value towards the bigger picture/main story

It’s a Star Wars story, not a main event. Basically an action romp set in the SW universe.

Master Fenix
                                          • XP 849

Still haven’t seen it, which is blasphemy, I know.

Going on Friday!

MicDaMan
                                          Participant
                                            • XP 445

Might go see it on Cheap Monday :P

Or wait one more week so the crowds die down.

Profile photo of Maxiboy
                                            Maxiboy
                                            Participant
                                              • XP 143

I’ve never been a huge Star Wars fan but I wanted to see Rogue One because its a spin off that fits directly before A New Hope. I saw it the other night and it was epic, it had likeable characters, an engaging yet strangely familiar storyline and the best battle scenes out of any Star Wars movie in my opinion. The CGI was really on the edge of the uncanny valley and probably a bit over the edge for some people but to me it worked and worked better than any alternative could like trying to get actors who look similar enough to original A New Hope cast members. If you’re a fan of the original trilogy but feel disheartened by the newer films as I suspect many still are then go and see Rogue One, its wonderful backstory told in a way that really pays homage to the originals.

Profile photo of StuM91
                                              StuM91
                                              Participant
                                                • XP 90

The CGI was really on the edge of the uncanny valley and probably a bit over the edge for some people

I could sort of notice he wasn’t quite right, but it didn’t really distract me from the film so no issues here. Others have complained but I hear it is more noticeable in imax than a standard cinema.

In other news Carrie Fisher had a heart attack on a flight this morning, currently in an intensive care unit. May the force be with her.

Master Fenix
                                                  • XP 849

I’ve never been a huge Star Wars fan but I wanted to see Rogue One because its a spin off that fits directly before A New Hope. I saw it the other night and it was epic, it had likeable characters, an engaging yet strangely familiar storyline and the best battle scenes out of any Star Wars movie in my opinion. The CGI was really on the edge of the uncanny valley and probably a bit over the edge for some people but to me it worked and worked better than any alternative could like trying to get actors who look similar enough to original A New Hope cast members. If you’re a fan of the original trilogy but feel disheartened by the newer films as I suspect many still are then go and see Rogue One, its wonderful backstory told in a way that really pays homage to the originals.

Speaking about this last night. I haven’t seen it but someone that isn’t particularly technically knowledgable was saying how the film bridged the uncanny valley.

Master Fenix
                                                    • XP 849

RIP Princess Leia

Profile photo of Leasha
                                                    Leasha
                                                    Participant
                                                      • XP 269

I know right, and how awful that her mother passed the following day :(

Just down right terrible for that entire family

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.