RIP Wii U

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Maxiboy Maxiboy 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Master Fenix
    Master Fenix
      • XP 850
      Profile photo of MicDaMan
      MicDaMan
      Participant
        • XP 449

Really….. wow, I love the WiiU for what it is, and my kids love it. They flog the crap out of it everyday.

Profile photo of Master Fenix
        Master Fenix
          • XP 850

Really….. wow, I love the WiiU for what it is, and my kids love it. They flog the crap out of it everyday.

Seems like it’s well on the way out with Switch coming. Pretty great console, even if I never owned one [cool]

Profile photo of Leasha
          Leasha
          Participant
            • XP 269

Yeah we always play the Wii U when we go to our friends place

Mario Party, and Super Smash are always fun

Profile photo of Bootie101
            Bootie101
            Participant
              • XP 107

My 6 year old loves it so much still.. We use it for everything, netflix, youtube and games.

Profile photo of Tyrus
              Tyrus
              Participant
                • XP 17

Look, putting aside nostalgia and Nintendo bias, I am so disappointed in the Wii U.

The first-party exclusive output, which is basically what the console has survived off of, is dismal compared to even the Wii (which I disliked).

I love/have enjoyed Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros Wii U and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, but so many other Nintendo-developed titles on the Wii U I feel are so much more inferior than the predecessors.

Paper Mario: Color Splash is a dumbed down sequel to Paper Mario N64 and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door with no RPG elements, a pointless battle system and no unique NPCs save for Toads and a few key characters.

Star Fox Zero is this weird pseudo-remake of Lylat Wars that controls worse and its story is just unbelievably trite.

Super Mario 3D World was not the Mario I wanted/expected after the greatness of Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and Sunshine.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is a generic MMO without the compelling story Xenoblade Chronicles had.

Coupled with the fact that once the Gamepads break down/die over the course of the next few years, it won’t make a great retro console either.

Profile photo of Maxiboy
                Maxiboy
                Participant
                  • XP 143

Looks like the Switch is getting a lot of attention and developers jumping on board like Yooka Laylee which is good to see for Nintendo and Nintendo gaming as a whole but its feeling like a bit of a burn for me as a WiiU owner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.