Retro Collection Thread

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PapadumGeek PapadumGeek 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Harry
    Harry
    Participant
      • XP 29

Is anyone from the old Retro MMGN kicking around these parts? Would be awesome to see how everyone’s collection has changed since the good old days.

Use this thread to post pics of your collection, or new items that you acquire gradually. I’ll probably put some pics up of my recent buys tonight when I get home to get us started – because the retro forum here deserves to live [cool]

Profile photo of Harry
      Harry
      Participant
        • XP 29

Little later than intended, but here’s a quick snap of my recent retro purchases.

Probably spans the last 3-4 weeks I’d say.

Recent retro purchases

Profile photo of MicDaMan
        MicDaMan
        Participant
          • XP 445

All I have left is a 64 with about 5 controllers and about 20 plus games.
          And a Gamecube that I have set up for the kids and they love it.
          I sold everything else I had. No time to play it.

But would be cool to get one of those mini nes’ coming out. Just for some quick retro fun with the kids.

PS like the box of Nintendo collector cards/stickers. !!!

I scored a copy of Mario Sunshine a few seeks ago pretty cheap. But sold it not long after. Wish I kept it know, my son would have loved it :(

Profile photo of Harry
          Harry
          Participant
            • XP 29

I have a second copy of sunshine – the disc is scratched up. It loads up, and you can play until you get Fludd, at which point it seems to go downhill.

If you wanted to have a crack at repairing the disc or whatever, I’m more than happy to ship you over my second copy free of charge :)

MicDaMan
            Participant
              • XP 445

@harry
              Hey mate that would be awesome….. my kids will love you. They only play the same levels over and over anyway :P

Profile photo of Master Fenix
              Master Fenix
                • XP 849

Wow, Sunshine. That brings me back.

Is anyone from the old Retro MMGN kicking around these parts? Would be awesome to see how everyone’s collection has changed since the good old days.

Use this thread to post pics of your collection, or new items that you acquire gradually. I’ll probably put some pics up of my recent buys tonight when I get home to get us started – because the retro forum here deserves to live [cool]

Not really. Guyver was around for a bit at the start but he’s disappeared off the map. I think after MMGN he is a bit worn out with forums haha [cool]

Profile photo of Harry
                Harry
                Participant
                  • XP 29

@micdaman – no worries bud. I don’t make any guarantee on its functionality, I have never attempted to fix scratched discs before but hopefully you can work some magic and bring it back to its full glory :P Just PM me postage details and I’ll try my best to ship it over to you tomorrow!

Not really. Guyver was around for a bit at the start but he’s disappeared off the map. I think after MMGN he is a bit worn out with forums haha [cool]

Yeah, I can understand that, he put a lot of time and love into all of those forums. Well hopefully some new blood pops by soon to the new collest site in Oz ;)

Profile photo of Master Fenix
                  Master Fenix
                    • XP 849

I guess not really “retro” but didn’t really know where else to put this…unless someone wants to create a figurine thread?

The Devil May Cry Statues So Epic, They’ll Bring a Tear to Your Eye

Profile photo of PapadumGeek
                    PapadumGeek
                    Participant
                      • XP 73

Been working on this little DK arcade for a little while. Need to get some plexi cut for the top and neet to recard the top as I broke it :P

dk
                      DK
                      dk
                      dk

I hope to create full album once its all finished. Its running a raspberry pi by the way using the Retro Pi simulator.

MicDaMan
                      Participant
                        • XP 445

Mate that is fricking amazaballs….

Would be cools as an arcade setup as well…. [love]

Profile photo of Kiry
                        Kiry
                        Participant
                          • XP 89

Holy shit mate

That is AWESOME

PapadumGeek
                          Participant
                            • XP 73

Thanks guys, yea a few small things which need to be done still. Might give it a rough sand and just some clear varnish.

Got an old arcade cabinet which I just want to start next as a generic arcade cabinet which will be the next project.

I really only started the DK one because it was hard rubbish and ive had that barrel for two years now. The misses was like are you going to use it or throw it on. Slammed it together over a weekend :P

Better get cracking on the other one now :P

Profile photo of Harry
                            Harry
                            Participant
                              • XP 29

Damn bro, that’s looking so fresh. Nice job!

Good to see you around bud, hope you’re doing well.

PapadumGeek
                              Participant
                                • XP 73

Hahaha yea, its getting there. Def want to finish it before starting another project. Yea still kicking around ;) Been busy with work, life in general as we all. How are you ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.