Insert Coin

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leasha Leasha 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PapadumGeek
    PapadumGeek
    Participant
      • XP 73

Hey retro gamers, a place to only discuss retro stuff from arcades, to old consoles and more.  Currently trying to build a arcade machine using Rasberry Pi, they are so cheap and powerful, great for mame and emulators

Profile photo of Doles
      Doles
      Participant
        • XP 46

A friend of mine built one, it looks great. Sits on a table and has all the buttons and everything for two players.

PapadumGeek
        Participant
          • XP 73

A friend of mine built one, it looks great. Sits on a table and has all the buttons and everything for two players.

I have a few arcade cabinets, all un finished lol. Got one 50inch time crysis arcade sitting in the garage, took big to bring inside the house

Profile photo of MicDaMan
          MicDaMan
          Participant
            • XP 445

Heaps of Arcades been selling on my local BSS site lately. Missed a Buck Hunter for $300 a few weeks back… spewing

Profile photo of Doles
            Doles
            Participant
              • XP 46

I found a picture of it

PapadumGeek
              Participant
                • XP 73

I found a picture of it

dam that looks really sweet

PapadumGeek
                Participant
                  • XP 73

Hopefully in the next coming weekend, I will be creating a step by step blog about creating your very own arcade machine. I will be trying to retro fit an old wine barrel into a donkey kong machine, think it would be fun ;D

MicDaMan
                  Participant
                    • XP 445

You should build one……… then give it to me for be so awesome *nods*

My mate has one of those flat top cocktail arcade setups and we spend hours playing it. Its funny how hard some of the games are, I am useless at most of them. But its good to see his kids and my kids interested in them.

Profile photo of Leasha
                    Leasha
                    Participant
                      • XP 269

Little bit off topic from building a retro machine, but we went bowling on the weekend and they had this nifty little arcade at the alley

I played this amazing two player Jurassic Park game, had these big mounted guns with vibration, and was a seated game.

Part of me really wants to track it down, and buy it, but it’s such a huge unit.

MicDaMan
                      Participant
                        • XP 445

I love bowling alleys. They are one of the last places that you can still find a little arcade set up.
                        When I win lotto I will have my own arcade room. tis the dream anyway

Profile photo of Doles
                        Doles
                        Participant
                          • XP 46

When I worked in IT, I got called to someone’s house to have a look at their “smart power” / wiring things and network.

They had a 2 lane bowling alley in the basement. Pretty surreal

Profile photo of Leasha
                          Leasha
                          Participant
                            • XP 269

That’s so cool @doles

Id be blown away, and yes when I win the lotto I’ll be setting up something similar

PapadumGeek
                            Participant
                              • XP 73

When I worked in IT, I got called to someone’s house to have a look at their “smart power” / wiring things and network. They had a 2 lane bowling alley in the basement. Pretty surreal

Did you take his/her cutlery

Profile photo of Doles
                              Doles
                              Participant
                                • XP 46

When I worked in IT, I got called to someone’s house to have a look at their “smart power” / wiring things and network. They had a 2 lane bowling alley in the basement. Pretty surreal

You better believe it! I know where it is, I can take you

PapadumGeek
                                Participant
                                  • XP 73

PM me so this conversation is not recording publicly.

Side note, found an old CRT tv which fits perfectly into my wine barrel for my machine. I thin it will def look better than an LCD?  Thoughts on that? Just have to build a good frame on the inside to hold the weight of the TV.

Also during hard rubbish last year, found on the side of a road a NEW CRT Tv still in original box wrapped and all. Like I know LCD looks better but that CRT feel, only down side is power lol

Profile photo of Master Fenix
                                  Master Fenix
                                    • XP 849

PM me so this conversation is not recording publicly. Side note, found an old CRT tv which fits perfectly into my wine barrel for my machine. I thin it will def look better than an LCD? Thoughts on that? Just have to build a good frame on the inside to hold the weight of the TV. Also during hard rubbish last year, found on the side of a road a NEW CRT Tv still in original box wrapped and all. Like I know LCD looks better but that CRT feel, only down side is power lol

It will definitely look better, yes. With older games on LCD televisions you need to be a fair distance away from the screen for it to look *decent*. LCD televisions just aren’t made to output that sort of imagery. A good-quality CRT would service you far more.

Profile photo of Doles
                                    Doles
                                    Participant
                                      • XP 46

And the weight! All of a sudden, your wine barrel just became a fixed piece of furniture.

I think this idea is great BTW, Donkey Kong Barrel.

PapadumGeek
                                      Participant
                                        • XP 73

And the weight! All of a sudden, your wine barrel just became a fixed piece of furniture. I think this idea is great BTW, Donkey Kong Barrel.

Yea, DK barrel with like faded DK logo

MicDaMan
                                        Participant
                                          • XP 445

And the weight! All of a sudden, your wine barrel just became a fixed piece of furniture. I think this idea is great BTW, Donkey Kong Barrel.

I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

PapadumGeek
                                          Participant
                                            • XP 73

I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Im going to record the steps so hopefully you can make one  [smile]

Profile photo of Leasha
                                            Leasha
                                            Participant
                                              • XP 269

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jurassic-Park-Arcade-Game-/181716312199

OH GOD I found it!!

So anyone have a lazy $13,000 US laying around?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.