Favourite Nintendo 64 Game

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of danbee danbee 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MicDaMan
    MicDaMan
    Participant
      • XP 449

The Nintendo 64 is one of my favourite consoles, even today. I have spent uncountable hours, and even many a drunken night playing solo, or with mates.

Over the years there have been many games that have taken my fancy but only a few that have stolen my heart.

My all time top 3 would be:

3: Snowboard Kids 1 and 2: Great multi-player that can appeal to any age. This is one of the only games that my wife would actually play with me. Add all the “Cheats” and it makes for even more fun. Watch out for those frying pans [smile]

It should be noted, that Snowboard Kids 2 was only released to about 3 countries from memory, Aus one of them, making it these day a rare and wanted game. Over the years I have bought and sold about 6 copies on good ole eBay for no more than $20 each…. well let’s just say it is well worth much more these days. So if you happen to snag a copy, hold on to it, but still play the hell out of it!!

2: Mario Kart 64: This is one of my all time favourite Mario Kart games with the first appearance of awesome 3D backgrounds, it was the addition of 4 player split screen that won me over. This is still one of my go to games on a spur of the moment games night.

AND…. 1: GOLDEN EYE: What can I say this was and still is the only game that I have dedicated well over 500 hours playing. I enjoyed the story (I was amazed how a game followed a movie :P), But it was multi-player again that kept me playing. 4 player 1 hit kills and Grenade Launchers….oh my.  [love]

Sadly today the graphics and the controls look and play like poo, but this will still be my all time favourite game!!!!

So what is your favourite game?

Profile photo of Gryllis
      Gryllis
      Participant
        • XP 114

Depends if we’re talking now, or at the time. Because my fave from the N64 is Majora’s Mask, but that’s based on the 3DS re-release, which isn’t really a N64 game (I actually didn’t like it when I played it on N64).

My favourites actually played on N64 is a toss up between GoldenEye, Perfect Dark and Mario Kart. All because of the amazing couch multiplayer, which just doesn’t exist anymore. It’s not the same since MP went online. I throw PD into the mix because of its co-op. It was so good at the time (but is unplayable now on an N64 because the framerate drops to about 7fps – the Xbox 360 remaster is a bit better).

Profile photo of Master Fenix
        Master Fenix
          • XP 850

Would have to be a toss-up between Jet Force Gemini and Rogue Squadron.

MicDaMan
          Participant
            • XP 449

Another game that I use to flog was Bio Freaks.

Great fighting game … .and the gore was AWESOME

Profile photo of Master Fenix
            Master Fenix
              • XP 850

Another game that I use to flog was Bio Freaks. Great fighting game … .and the gore was AWESOME

What about Clayfighter? :P

MicDaMan
              Participant
                • XP 449

Yeah still have ClayFighter 64… But I loved it more on the SNES. It was one that my cousin and I use to rent from the Video Shop every weekend

Profile photo of Marty_Mate
                Marty_Mate
                Participant
                  • XP 75

Banjo Kazooie, it’s the reason I bought a 64 back then.

Profile photo of danbee
                  danbee
                  Participant
                    • XP 25

Didn’t play much N64 but I always played Killer Instinct and… Clay Fighters I think it was? He was big on fighting games. I was into PlayStation and Saturn when N64 was out, so I never bought one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.