The Last Of Us – Part 2

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Master Fenix Master Fenix 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Master Fenix
    Master Fenix
      • XP 849

I’m guessing most people saw this coming

The Last Of Us: Part 2 revealed – Everything We Know So Far

Profile photo of Leasha
      Leasha
      Participant
        • XP 269

Yeeeeep

So keen, so, so, sooo keen for this!

Profile photo of MicDaMan
        MicDaMan
        Participant
          • XP 445

Oh I am in two minds… The Last Of Us is in my top 5 all time favs, I don’t know if a second one will live up to the first.

Profile photo of Gryllis
          Gryllis
          Participant
            • XP 114

I’m sure this will be good, but there’s no way it will be as good. Uncharted 2 was excellent, in part, because Uncharted 1 was good but not great. If it were just as good, I don’t think the sequel would have been as good (and look what happened after UC2 – total garbage).

I think The Last of Us would have been an excellent standalone game. They’re saying Part 2 continues the story – but let’s be real – it was already completed. This is foremost a moneymaking exercise, and all games are, but TLU probably would have been better remembered as a one off masterpiece, and not another franchise.

That said, Sony is pretty desperate for new continuing franchise. They do well with experimental and new IP, but really lag behind Microsoft and Nintendo with existing franchises, especially now that Uncharted has wrapped, for a while at least (after the DLC). The Last of Us brand is probably too big for Sony to not try and milk as long as possible.

Profile photo of Master Fenix
            Master Fenix
              • XP 849

I’m sure this will be good, but there’s no way it will be as good. Uncharted 2 was excellent, in part, because Uncharted 1 was good but not great. If it were just as good, I don’t think the sequel would have been as good (and look what happened after UC2 – total garbage).

I think The Last of Us would have been an excellent standalone game. They’re saying Part 2 continues the story – but let’s be real – it was already completed. This is foremost a moneymaking exercise, and all games are, but TLU probably would have been better remembered as a one off masterpiece, and not another franchise.

That said, Sony is pretty desperate for new continuing franchise. They do well with experimental and new IP, but really lag behind Microsoft and Nintendo with existing franchises, especially now that Uncharted has wrapped, for a while at least (after the DLC). The Last of Us brand is probably too big for Sony to not try and milk as long as possible.

@gryllis The DLC did a fine job of expanding Ellie’s story here as well so I’m similarly skeptical.

But I guess that the natural progression of her character will make for a good story, and I wouldn’t mind seeing how the world has transformed a young girl into an adult woman, because she’s 19 in this game. I guess that’ll make for some interesting storytelling.

I hope she’s brutal and angry and just straight-up crazy. Remember that Joel wasn’t born or raised into it like she was, so he always has the capacity to fall back onto thoughts of a better time. She knows nothing but death and survival and pain. That should make for a fucked up character. Not to say that guarantees a good story, but it sets the groundwork for one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.