Xbox One S

This topic contains 32 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Marty_Mate Marty_Mate 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Barters81
    Barters81
    Participant
      • XP 112

Well….my brother got the 65, and you know how that goes. :)

I’ve read about the update being in the UK, fingers crossed it arrives sooner rather than later. One interesting thing to note with these Hisense TVs. Apparently they have a 10-bit panel. Though if you select 10-bit in the Xbox One S, it won’t display at 4K. This could be part of the firmware update coming, but who really knows until it lands. I thought 10-bit was a requirement for HDR which could explain things.

But it’s friggin awesome. Fiddled with the settings last night and played Mad Max via a UHD blu-ray……wow. The scene with the storm was sort of like the first time I heard surround sound, blew me away. Not sure how it can get much better with HDR, but looking forward to it. Note: The Mrs said maybe we should move the couch back a bit…….pfft, nah.

Being a virgin Xbox user, what’s with these friggin downloads before playing games? I was all fizzed to play Halo (having never played before)…….45gb download later. ugh…..

Loving the white box next to my PS4 though. I now feel complete.

Barters81
      Participant
        • XP 112

New bundle out for the Xbox One S…I only got mine last week for this price without Fallout 4. Oh well.

The battlefield one bundle is pretty sweet.

https://ebgames.com.au/featured/console-hardware/xbox-one

Profile photo of Marty_Mate
        Marty_Mate
        Participant
          • XP 79

Well….my brother got the 65, and you know how that goes. :)

I’ve read about the update being in the UK, fingers crossed it arrives sooner rather than later. One interesting thing to note with these Hisense TVs. Apparently they have a 10-bit panel. Though if you select 10-bit in the Xbox One S, it won’t display at 4K. This could be part of the firmware update coming, but who really knows until it lands. I thought 10-bit was a requirement for HDR which could explain things.

HISENSE UPDATE: if you own a ULED HISENSE Series 7 TV and want to connect a new external HDR 4K capable device via HDMI you may receive an error message suggesting your TV is not HDR-enabled. It absolutely is, you just need a firmware update for that particular device. That update is now available for all Series 7 models by contacting HISENSE customer service on 1 800 447 367.
          Model No: 75M7000UWD, 70M7000UWG, 65M7000UWG, 55M7000UWG, 50M7000UWG
          Customers will receive the software update within 48 hours of contacting customer support.
          Hisense Australia Customer Support hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 7:30pm AEST and weekends from 9am to 5:00pm.

Barters81
          Participant
            • XP 112

I rang their customer support line this morning, got the email and update to glorious HDR via HDMI. I’m a happy camper.

FWIW – NBA2k17 has HDR in both PS4 and Xbox One S…..looks fantastic.

Barters81
            Participant
              • XP 112

So….Halo 4 was awesome. Glad I got to play that, especially in split screen with my son.

Barters81
              Participant
                • XP 112

Still some great deals out there for the Xbox One S at the present. This one is pretty sweet.

500Gb console, 2 good games (Gears 4 + Skyrim remastered) + one UHD bluray for $368.

https://ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-801033-500GB-Xbox-One-S-Ink-Blue-Console–2-Games–1-4K-UHD-Blu-Ray-Movie-Xbox-One

Though, I’m thinking the white console looks better.

Profile photo of Master Fenix
                Master Fenix
                  • XP 926

Still some great deals out there for the Xbox One S at the present. This one is pretty sweet.

500Gb console, 2 good games (Gears 4 + Skyrim remastered) + one UHD bluray for $368.

https://ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-801033-500GB-Xbox-One-S-Ink-Blue-Console–2-Games–1-4K-UHD-Blu-Ray-Movie-Xbox-One

Though, I’m thinking the white console looks better.

@barters81 Yeah that’s ugly. I much prefer the Battlefield 1 army green Xbox One S.

Profile photo of Marty_Mate
                  Marty_Mate
                  Participant
                    • XP 79

Finally tried out HDR gaming and Gears 4 looks fantastic on Xbox One S. Tried also Uncharted 4 on PS4 but it looked terrible. Colours were all out and what were supposed to be bright highlights are just pink splotches! Not sure what’s going on there. Some kind of incompatibility between PS4 and my TV.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.