Forza Horizon 3

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of FilthySausage FilthySausage 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Master Fenix
    Master Fenix
      • XP 926

Set in Australia. Trailer and location details: http://fenixbazaar.com/forza-horizon-3-australia-locations/

Profile photo of Marty_Mate
      Marty_Mate
      Participant
        • XP 79

Looks great, can’t wait to fang it on the Great Ocean Rd.

Master Fenix
          • XP 926

Halo Warthog coming to Forza Horizon 3.

The Halo Warthog is coming to Forza Horizon 3

Profile photo of Barters81
          Barters81
          Participant
            • XP 112

I might have to pick this up.

Master Fenix
              • XP 926

I might have to pick this up.

@barters81 Did you play the other Horizon games?

Barters81
              Participant
                • XP 112

Nope, not yet. I’ve had my first Xbox for about 2 weeks and been busy smashing through Halos and Gear of War Remastered (which is fantastic by the way). I’ve not got a Gold membership yet as I originally got the One S as a 4K blu-ray player, but finding I’m actually playing it a fair bit so might. I think I missed out on the free Forza Horizon via that this month.

As a total PS4 fanboy I must say I’m very much enjoying the Xbox one. That controller as much as I’d hate to admit it is better than the DS4. I like the clicky buttons.

Master Fenix
                  • XP 926

Nope, not yet. I’ve had my first Xbox for about 2 weeks and been busy smashing through Halos and Gear of War Remastered (which is fantastic by the way). I’ve not got a Gold membership yet as I originally got the One S as a 4K blu-ray player, but finding I’m actually playing it a fair bit so might. I think I missed out on the free Forza Horizon via that this month.

As a total PS4 fanboy I must say I’m very much enjoying the Xbox one. That controller as much as I’d hate to admit it is better than the DS4. I like the clicky buttons.

Have you got an Elite? If not – best controller ever. And would be perfect for Gears, Halo and Forza.

Barters81
                  Participant
                    • XP 112

Nope, but I can’t see myself paying $200 for a controller for a $399 system either. As much as they’re no doubt awesome.

Barters81
                    Participant
                      • XP 112

So come on guys, someone convince me that I need this game in my life.

Master Fenix
                        • XP 926

It’s probably the best racer of the past few years. Good balance between sim and arcade game. I’m not as big a fan as the reviews paint, but there’s a crap load of great stuff to do and you’re constantly being rewarded. Looks amazing, too. Get it.

Master Fenix
                          • XP 926

Got a tip for getting high skill point chains:

1. Buy a car with really good handling and high top speed (at least 250km/h).
                          2. Head to the outback.
                          3. Drive along the long stretch of road – there are two that run parallel from one another.
                          4. Drive straight along it and try to weave in and out of traffic at high speed. You’ll get a “speed” bonus, “daredevil” bonus, and “close call” bonus.

I’ve earned like 60,000 skill points in like 2 minutes doing this.

Barters81
                          Participant
                            • XP 112

It’s probably the best racer of the past few years. Good balance between sim and arcade game. I’m not as big a fan as the reviews paint, but there’s a crap load of great stuff to do and you’re constantly being rewarded. Looks amazing, too. Get it.

Ok, what you’ve written and the fact I’ve not played previous Forza Horizon games has convinced me to pick this up. It does look pretty sweet.

Master Fenix
                              • XP 926
                              Barters81
                              Participant
                                • XP 112

So I’ve played this game a bit now and think it’s fantastic.

Scenery looks wonderful, and I love driving through bits and pieces of Australia. IMHO they pretty much nailed Surfers and Byron. Car models are crisp and believable with a very high attention to detail across the board.

My 350km/hr Torana takes some beating when I can keep it on the road. Still haven’t got the cash for a really expensive car having taken the opportunity to pimp out a few Aussie favourites. The Sandman is a beast, as is my SS Ute. I’m going to have to get me a fully flexed GTHO and old school Monaro too. Some great Aussie classics….

Racing is racing and there are only so many ways you can keep a racing game fresh as the player drives through their ump-teenth contest. But a variety of race types, constant progression and a vibe that keeps the frown upside down makes for an addictive game.

It’s the vibe and ah, no that’s it. It’s the vibe. I rest my case :)

Go and buy it.

Barters81
                                Participant
                                  • XP 112

Just finished the last Showcase event. Have a little more to do with expanding the remaining locations etc.

One thing they get right, frustratingly, with this game is the money. Other car games I’ve played in recent years tend to give away cars and money way too easily, so you rarely get accustomed to a specific car before moving on to the next. In FH3 you can’t go around wasting your money willy nilly and expect to be driving top cars. This gives a greater appreciation for each car, and for when you finally save the $$ to buy a better car.

Master Fenix
                                    • XP 926

Just finished the last Showcase event. Have a little more to do with expanding the remaining locations etc.

One thing they get right, frustratingly, with this game is the money. Other car games I’ve played in recent years tend to give away cars and money way too easily, so you rarely get accustomed to a specific car before moving on to the next. In FH3 you can’t go around wasting your money willy nilly and expect to be driving top cars. This gives a greater appreciation for each car, and for when you finally save the $$ to buy a better car.

I actually disagree. I found that you earned money *too* easily and that cars were given to you at every opportunity. Also, my version of the game gave me “VIP” status so on every slot spin I got double credits.

Barters81
                                    Participant
                                      • XP 112

I actually disagree. I found that you earned money *too* easily and that cars were given to you at every opportunity. Also, my version of the game gave me “VIP” status so on every slot spin I got double credits.

What the?

Though I must admit coming home one day and my son having spent over a million CR on random cars probably places a different spin on my experience with it.

Profile photo of doyl
                                      doyl
                                      Participant
                                        • XP 18

Have fallen in love with this game pretty hard.
                                        So pretty.
                                        The cars definitely don’t handle realistically on the beach though.

Master Fenix
                                          • XP 926

It’s free on PC for the next week.

Profile photo of FilthySausage
                                          FilthySausage
                                          Participant
                                            • XP 73

Well just come to say that this game is the shit.I havent had so much fun in racing game since the original need for speed most wanted. Surfers and byron look pretty on point in my opinion

@doyl I agree with you on the handling on the beaches though.

nothing compares geyting in your maloo doing doughies on the waterfront at surfers hahaha

Barters81
                                            Participant
                                              • XP 112

Yeah it really is a great fun game to play.

HEads up…..the first DLC is coming December 13th in the form of an Alpine pack. New cars, new races and of course racing in the snowy mountains with a new blizzard weather system too.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/11/28/prepare-forza-horizon-3-blizzard-mountain-expansion/

I’ll be grabbing this for sure. 5 years ago I thought I’d never say this……I love me some DLC (on games I like and where it’s worth it).

Barters81
                                              Participant
                                                • XP 112

Anyone get the dlc?

I might grab it sometime over the holiday period. Thought I was over this game. Then had a play a couple days ago and realised how great it is again.

Profile photo of FilthySausage
                                                FilthySausage
                                                Participant
                                                  • XP 73

Yeah I grabbed the expansion dlc bundle. Its pretty amazing actually. The blizzards are fun with virtually no visibility and its exactly what an expansion is. Just more races bucket lists roads to explore beauty spots etc plus ken blocks gymkhana ford focus which is prettu fuck to go round drifting in. Well worth it I think; can’t wait to see what the next expansion is

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.