Battlefield 1

This topic contains 46 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Master Fenix Master Fenix 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Master Fenix
    Master Fenix
      • XP 926

Announced overnight. Like the return to WWI.

http://fenixbazaar.com/battlefield-1-trailer/

Profile photo of A2ra3L
      A2ra3L
      Participant
        • XP 38

I am so excited for this. So much effort has been put into WW2 history  that it will be refreshing to go back to a less discussed (at least recently) time.

I’ll admit I don’t know alot about WW1, a handful of details from different battles but I actually had to look up out of interest a few months ago why the war even started, :P We just weren’t taught much about it and reading peoples reactions to Battlefield 1 this morning I am not alone. So many calls that it will be boring, waiting in a trench for a charge order, nothing happened in WW1 etc.

REALLY looking forward to learning a bit more about the time period even if it’s not 100% authentic. I might even learn a bit more about the war itself. I reckon this will be a definite purchase for me, I love Battlefield games and the change in setting will mean that hopefully it stays alive for a decent amount of time

Master Fenix
          • XP 926

Merged the two thread.

I am so excited for this. So much effort has been put into WW2 history that it will be refreshing to go back to a less discussed (at least recently) time. I’ll admit I don’t know alot about WW1, a handful of details from different battles but I actually had to look up out of interest a few months ago why the war even started, :P We just weren’t taught much about it and reading peoples reactions to Battlefield 1 this morning I am not alone. So many calls that it will be boring, waiting in a trench for a charge order, nothing happened in WW1 etc. REALLY looking forward to learning a bit more about the time period even if it’s not 100% authentic. I might even learn a bit more about the war itself. I reckon this will be a definite purchase for me, I love Battlefield games and the change in setting will mean that hopefully it stays alive for a decent amount of time

Super pumped for this. I don’t know about the era either but I’m curious about how they interprete WWI. Will it be like a real hardcore, gritty, trenches warfare? I think people don’t realise how far behind the technology was. Like, there are flamethrowers…is there a guy walking behind him holding the gas canister? That’s how it would have been.

Profile photo of Gryllis
          Gryllis
          Participant
            • XP 114

Saw it in SF this morning (my preview on Stevivor).

Looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing more of campaign. They only briefly mentioned it and wouldn’t talk about it.

Master Fenix
              • XP 926
              Profile photo of MorgtheBrit
              MorgtheBrit
              Participant
                • XP 73

I don’t mind the whole six missions thing. I think I heard from a youtuber that they are focusing on something like a defining battlefield moments thing in the single player campaign with different protagonists. In my opinion if this turns out to be true I think it would suit my play method. A load of little stories that I can play instead of one big one will keep my interest a lot more since if I lose interest in the campaign I can finish the mission and just come back to it without needing to remember what happened in the whole story before meaning I’m much more likely to come back and finish the campaign instead of leaving it half finished like I did in Battlefield 4.

Master Fenix
                  • XP 926

I don’t mind the whole six missions thing. I think I heard from a youtuber that they are focusing on something like a defining battlefield moments thing in the single player campaign with different protagonists. In my opinion if this turns out to be true I think it would suit my play method. A load of little stories that I can play instead of one big one will keep my interest a lot more since if I lose interest in the campaign I can finish the mission and just come back to it without needing to remember what happened in the whole story before meaning I’m much more likely to come back and finish the campaign instead of leaving it half finished like I did in Battlefield 4.

That’s really what BF has always been like. I just don’t think they got the scale or pacing right. I imagine WW1 will be an even tougher challenge.

MorgtheBrit
                  Participant
                    • XP 73

You’re right with the pacing. It’s either too slow or too fast which leads to being underwhelmed or overwhelmed. Maybe using real life events from world war 1 as a reference they’ll be able to find that lovely middle point. To be honest though I’m thinking I’ll end up skipping the campaign if it doesn’t hook me in the first hour.

Master Fenix
                      • XP 926

You’re right with the pacing. It’s either too slow or too fast which leads to being underwhelmed or overwhelmed. Maybe using real life events from world war 1 as a reference they’ll be able to find that lovely middle point. To be honest though I’m thinking I’ll end up skipping the campaign if it doesn’t hook me in the first hour.

I actually think Hardline’s campaign was the best Battlefield campaign, and it wasn’t even DICE.

MorgtheBrit
                      Participant
                        • XP 73

I actually skipped Battlefield:hardline since I got wrongfully banned on Battlefield 4 while I was lagging and rubberbanding all over the place. Punkbuster wouldn’t unban me so I skipped it out of anger. I have a new origin account now for when battlefield 1 comes out so there isnt a ban linked with my account. So I’ll have to take your word for it about the campaign.

Profile photo of A2ra3L
                        A2ra3L
                        Participant
                          • XP 38

I havn’t played the Hardline campaign yet. I have it installed but I was trying to get my moneys worth from the multiplayer since it’s hard to find people online. I didn’t mind the campaigns for 3 and 4 but they really served as an introduction to the multiplayer rather than something enjoyable that I would play over and over.

Bad Company 2 on the other hand, I have played that campaign many times and I would still play it again.

I actually skipped Battlefield:hardline since I got wrongfully banned on Battlefield 4 while I was lagging and rubberbanding all over the place. Punkbuster wouldn’t unban me so I skipped it out of anger. I have a new origin account now for when battlefield 1 comes out so there isnt a ban linked with my account. So I’ll have to take your word for it about the campaign.

I got banned from BF4 as well one day. I loaded in, jumped in a boat and started heading to battle then bam, you are banned. Punkbuster said they wouldn’t unban me under any circumstances, wouldn’t even explain what I had done wrong. Then a few days later enough people had complained about being wrongfully banned that DICE got them to look into it and found that their last punkbuster update had a flaw in it’s detection. No apologies or anything just overturned the last ban wave, if I wasn’t on the DICE forum looking at the posts I wouldn’t have found out.

I really wish people would stop using them. They are real bastards with a major god complex.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of A2ra3L A2ra3L.
                          Master Fenix
                            • XP 926

That is so shit. At least in CoD they can tell the difference between lagging and rubberbanding. I think that’s actually an engine issue.

I havn’t played the Hardline campaign yet. I have it installed but I was trying to get my moneys worth from the multiplayer since it’s hard to find people online. I didn’t mind the campaigns for 3 and 4 but they really served as an introduction to the multiplayer rather than something enjoyable that I would play over and over. Bad Company 2 on the other hand, I have played that campaign many times and I would still play it again.

I got banned from BF4 as well one day. I loaded in, jumped in a boat and started heading to battle then bam, you are banned. Punkbuster said they wouldn’t unban me under any circumstances, wouldn’t even explain what I had done wrong. Then a few days later enough people had complained about being wrongfully banned that DICE got them to look into it and found that their last punkbuster update had a flaw in it’s detection. No apologies or anything just overturned the last ban wave, if I wasn’t on the DICE forum looking at the posts I wouldn’t have found out. I really wish people would stop using them. They are real bastards with a major god complex.

They’re only used for the PC version, right? Sony and Microsoft have their own countermeasures and as such are more inclined to investigate a ban because you’re a paid subscriber.

Profile photo of MicDaMan
                            MicDaMan
                            Participant
                              • XP 454

OK so I am actually interested in this now….

Master Fenix
                                • XP 926

OK so I am actually interested in this now….

Get pumped!

Master Fenix
                                  • XP 926

Multiplayer feed from E3:

https://twitch.tv/ea

Profile photo of Barters81
                                  Barters81
                                  Participant
                                    • XP 112

Looks fantastic can’t wait.

One of the things I always thought was lost in the modern day or futuristic shooters wsa the ‘fun’t mainly due to the weapons being too good.

Take me back to the days of DOD:Source where you’re using old time guns that shoot perfectly straight once in a while. None of this picking off dudes in the head from a mile away while running full tilt.

I was going to get a little shirty that there was not going to be horses involved…..then they bring them in at the end. Awesome.

Profile photo of Leasha
                                    Leasha
                                    Participant
                                      • XP 280

Super hype for this, looks amazing

Profile photo of Maxiboy
                                      Maxiboy
                                      Participant
                                        • XP 163

Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons weighs in on the guns of BF1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19hohCtdJ4Y

Master Fenix
                                          • XP 926

Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons weighs in on the guns of BF1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19hohCtdJ4Y

Cool vid!

Master Fenix
                                            • XP 926
                                            Profile photo of Gryllis
                                            Gryllis
                                            Participant
                                              • XP 114

Played it at E3 (EA Play, technically). It was weird playing it after Titanfall 2. Obviously it’s so much slower, but it’s kinda odd when everything has double jumps and wall-running, and then you just don’t.

I liked the change. But I have to say, nothing felt especially WWI about it. The tech, yes, but in terms of gameplay, seems the same as WW2 era games. But I only played 15 mins, so keen to try more, and to see the campaign.

Master Fenix
                                                • XP 926

Master Fenix
                                                  • XP 926

Battlefield 1: Plane Combat, Customization, And Options Detailed

DICE’s Design director Lars Gustavsson discussed these planes and their implementation in the game. ‘Once you have selected to become a pilot, you can freely customize your vehicle, instead of someone making it for you,’ he said. ‘We also added more choice into the sandbox. Previously we decided whether there was to be a bomber or a fighter, but this time around, we give you all the planes, and you get to choose. So really bringing more of that, we don’t dictate to players how they should be playing the game.’

‘It’s also about- since the planes are customizable as well, you can adjust your planes on depending on if you ant to do aerial combat more, or ground style combat. So we’re leaving it up to players to decide.’

MorgtheBrit
                                                  Participant
                                                    • XP 73

Just got to keep repeating to myself “Don’t preorder, wait till it’s released”. Really looking forward to playing this though.

Master Fenix
                                                      • XP 926

Some neat details on the upcoming beta, which launches tomorrow

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-1-open-beta-weapons-get-full-details-variations-explained/

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.