What was the last movie you watched?

This topic contains 72 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leasha Leasha 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MicDaMan
    MicDaMan
    Participant
      • XP 454

Bit of a social room to discuss the latest movies you have seen, or planning to go see.

I watched The Revenant last night. Honestly a lot better than I was expecting as I had heard a lot of mixed reviews about it. Wow the Bear scene is one that I will not forget for a while. There was A LOT of great camera work, showing of the awesome views of the surroundings it was filmed in.
      There were also a lot of sudden WTF moments. Was a great one to watch in FULL HD.

Profile photo of Gryllis
      Gryllis
      Participant
        • XP 114

The Force Awakens for the 4th (and a quarter) time!

Before that Ricki & The Flash about Meryl Streep being an ageing musician that never made it. It was ok, but got a little darker than I thought with a suicidal character. 6/10.

Profile photo of Master Fenix
        Master Fenix
          • XP 926

Back to the Future 1 and 2.

Gonna watch 3 tonight.

Profile photo of // Kaz
          // Kaz
          Participant
            • XP 40

Been on a hype high since Civil War is criminally just around the corner, so to fill the void I watched Winter Soldier, Godzilla 2014, and Pacific Rim

Master Fenix
              • XP 926

Been on a hype high since Civil War is criminally just around the corner, so to fill the void I watched Winter Soldier, Godzilla 2014, and Pacific Rim

All great films. Pacific Rim won’t get a sequel it seems. Godzilla is good but a little slow in parts. I feel that Pacific Rim is a bit of a Godzilla spiritual successor.

Captain America is the only superhero franchise I care about atm.

Profile photo of ThePLAV
              ThePLAV
              Participant
                • XP 63

Look Who’s Back

A German movie on Netflix about Hitler waking up in 2014, and people mistaking him for an impersonator. So a freelance journalist takes him across the county to film a kind of documentary. It’s pretty funny but does get kinda political and thinky.

Very good though. ★★★★★

#HitlerDidNothingWrong

MicDaMan
                Participant
                  • XP 454

The 33…

About 33 miners who get trapped after a cave in…
                  Not bad, guessing it was made on a budget. But still watchable.

Master Fenix
                    • XP 926

I watched Terminator Genisys on Netflix.

It’s actually worse the second time.

MicDaMan
                    Participant
                      • XP 454

I watched Terminator Genisys on Netflix. It’s actually worse the second time.

I cant bring myself to watch it again.

Master Fenix
                        • XP 926

I watched Terminator Genisys on Netflix. It’s actually worse the second time.

I cant bring myself to watch it again.

I actually didn’t mind it at the cinema. But maybe I was excited because it was Terminator. But watching it last night, I couldn’t even get through. The acting is terrible.

MicDaMan
                        Participant
                          • XP 454

Watched The Witch last night….

WTF was that … apart from not understand half of what they were saying. BUT really WTF was THAT!!!

How it has received decent reviews just blows my mind.

-1/5 potatoes

Soooo also rewatched American Pie to make up for the crap above. My all time Number 1… so many memories with this movie. Came out the same year I finished high school. Was not disappointed. Going to binge the other 7 now

MicDaMan
                          Participant
                            • XP 454

Watched Captain America civil War last night. Awesome movie, had just the right amount of Action and funny moments. Story line was a bit meh, but the action made up for it. Spider-man was AWESOME!!!

lol Tony Stank

Master Fenix
                              • XP 926

I watched this super silly direct-to-dvd movie called Time Lapse, which was on Netflix (I think Canada Netflix).

The acting isn’t great and it’s very “indie”, but it really picks up and gets surprisingly good.

Profile photo of ThePLAV
                              ThePLAV
                              Participant
                                • XP 63

X-Men Apocalypse felt even longer than its 2.5hr runtime. At least it was pretty.
                                HNNNNG Psylocke

Also, they’ve learnt from Deadpool that it’s cool to make fun of themselves:

Spoiler
                                <p>”The third movie is always the worst” [cool] </p>

[collapse]
                                MicDaMan
                                Participant
                                  • XP 454

Was going to go see X-Men tomorrow morning…. but might give it a miss now.

Watched American Pie Wedding and Band Camp last night. I love the series, but these two are my least favourite I think.

Will try and knock off Naked Mile and Beta House tonight

Profile photo of Severus
                                  Severus
                                  Participant
                                    • XP 54

Zoolander 2…I had to okay! I didn’t want to, but…tbh

MicDaMan
                                    Participant
                                      • XP 454

Zoolander 2…I had to okay! I didn’t want to, but…tbh

NEVER!!!!

Profile photo of MorgtheBrit
                                      MorgtheBrit
                                      Participant
                                        • XP 73

Watched Jack the other night. Weird movie if you think about it. A 40 year old man is actually 10.

Profile photo of Leasha
                                        Leasha
                                        Participant
                                          • XP 280

I watched Rubber

A serial killer car tyre- I know

Surprisingly it was reallly weird

Master Fenix
                                            • XP 926

Check out 21 Cloverfield Lane finally. Quite good. Didn’t see that coming at the end and it’s [spoilers]strange that they even bothered connecting it with the original Cloverfield[/spoilers]

Watched Jack the other night. Weird movie if you think about it. A 40 year old man is actually 10.

lol that is so old-school. The one with Robin Williams, right?

Profile photo of StuM91
                                            StuM91
                                            Participant
                                              • XP 102

Just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane today. I’m not exactly sure how I feel about it :-/

MicDaMan
                                              Participant
                                                • XP 454

Just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane today. I’m not exactly sure how I feel about it :-/

Would have made a good stand alone movie without the stuff added at the end!

Have been sick the last few days, and locked in my room. So re watched Jurassic World and Force Awakens … Enjoyed both more than the first time I watched them.
                                                Also watched Deliver Us From Evil… wasn’t bad, but Eric Banner trying to pull off as Bronx accent was .. mglob

Master Fenix
                                                  • XP 926

Would have made a good stand alone movie without the stuff added at the end!

Have been sick the last few days, and locked in my room. So re watched Jurassic World and Force Awakens … Enjoyed both more than the first time I watched them.
                                                  Also watched Deliver Us From Evil… wasn’t bad, but Eric Banner trying to pull off as Bronx accent was .. mglob

I am tired of The Force Awakens. Seen it four times now and it’s probably my fifth-favourite Star Wars after the original trilogy and Revenge of the Sith.

Master Fenix
                                                    • XP 926

I saw Warcraft.

Here are my thoughts: http://fenixbazaar.com/warcraft-review/

Profile photo of FilthySausage
                                                    FilthySausage
                                                    Participant
                                                      • XP 73

I watched I Am Legend about 2 nights ago. Havent seen it since it came out, forgot how much of a good movie it is. I watched an alternative ending but I’m glad the original ending was the real ending. The alternative one I saw seemed a bit weak.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.