What TV Shows are You Currently Watching?

This topic contains 100 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leasha Leasha 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Guyver
    Guyver
      • XP 105

Use this thread to share what your are watching, what are you currently watching, what you think about it or even what you have lined up ready to be watched when you find the time.

My list so far is mostly comicbook adaptations such as Agents of Shield, Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Dragon Ball Super and few others that I can’t remember at the moment.

Profile photo of MicDaMan
      MicDaMan
      Participant
        • XP 454

Just finished iZombie, and right this second watching The Last Kingdom, as well as Fear the walking dead, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Mom, Big Bang, The 100, Vikings, Jane The Virgin, Super Girl and all the Chicagos ie PD Med and Fire. Plus more.

.. Fills in the nights

Profile photo of Master Fenix
        Master Fenix
          • XP 926

1. Seinfeld (as always)

2. House Of Cards

3. 11.22.63

4. The Path

5. Daredevil

Profile photo of Kiry
          Kiry
          Participant
            • XP 114

Shows I’m currently watching.

1. The Walking Dead

2. Better Call Saul

3. Fear The Walking Dead

Profile photo of Leasha
            Leasha
            Participant
              • XP 280

1. Survivor

2. Fresh Meat

3. Fear The Walking Dead

Master Fenix
                • XP 926

Shows I’m currently watching. 1. The Walking Dead 2. Better Call Saul 3. Fear The Walking Dead

Damn…I forgot about Better Call Saul! Gotta get started on season 2.

Profile photo of Leasha
                Leasha
                Participant
                  • XP 280

Shows I’m currently watching. 1. The Walking Dead 2. Better Call Saul 3. Fear The Walking Dead

Damn…I forgot about Better Call Saul! Gotta get started on season 2.

Already up to episode 9!!  [mog]

MicDaMan
                  Participant
                    • XP 454

So started watching The Last Kingdom because my wife wanted to, didn’t like it to begin with. But now Im up to the last episode and I want more  [sad]

Damn friggin 8 episode season. WHY!!!!!

Master Fenix
                      • XP 926

So started watching The Last Kingdom because my wife wanted to, didn’t like it to begin with. But now Im up to the last episode and I want more [sad] Damn friggin 8 episode season. WHY!!!!!

That’s the new rage these days. Short seasons, 5-6 season runs.

MicDaMan
                      Participant
                        • XP 454

So started watching The Last Kingdom because my wife wanted to, didn’t like it to begin with. But now Im up to the last episode and I want more [sad] Damn friggin 8 episode season. WHY!!!!!

I hate it… I hate it even more when they have a mid season break after 8 episodes, then the last 8 episodes are a totally different story line. Teen wolf did this two season ago…

Although there are some shows that need to be culled… ie Supernatural… toooooooo many filler episodes.

Master Fenix
                          • XP 926

I hate it… I hate it even more when they have a mid season break after 8 episodes, then the last 8 episodes are a totally different story line. Teen wolf did this two season ago… Although there are some shows that need to be culled… ie Supernatural… toooooooo many filler episodes.

I started watching through the X-Files in January, I watched the whole first season and then stuck with the mythology episodes through to season 9. Monster of the Week episodes make up a majority of the series’ best episodes but I just wanted to get through the important “mythology” ones. Like you said, too much filler.

The only recent series I can think of that managed to fill its 20+-episode seasons with worth was LOST. You couldn’t miss an episode because then you’d almost certainly miss a key story point. But at 22 episodes a season, 50-minute episodes, 6 seasons…it’s tough viewing, especially during season 5 and 6 when they’re reallllly dragging it out. But season 1-3 are amazing.

I don’t mind shorter seasons if they’re straight to the point and actually have some sort of resolution. Breaking Bad was pretty good at that, 13-episode seasons I think that kept it short and sweet and had a story to tell in every episode. But Supernatural, X-Files, they just drag on.

MicDaMan
                          Participant
                            • XP 454

Short seasons can work, but sometimes they pack too much into an episode and especially finales, where with long seasons, they can spread over two or even three episodes … now the weeks of building up ends in 20 mins, and I’m like, is that it? The last season of Teen Wolf did that…. This big bad killing machine all season, then bang over like a virgin in a whore house.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of MicDaMan MicDaMan.
                            Profile photo of Guyver
                            Guyver
                              • XP 105

Rick and Morty is now on Netflix, I never got around to watching that show but now I’m a couple episodes in and I love, it is very imaginative.

Profile photo of // Kaz
                              // Kaz
                              Participant
                                • XP 40

Randomly going through all of Parks and Rec again because the channel that ran Seinfeld kept playing dumb NBA for the past month and it’s real inconvenient when you have fuck all to watch while eating dinner.

Also, just subscribed to Hulu so now have a lot of Adult Swim classics to binge on and Regular Show

Master Fenix
                                  • XP 926

Randomly going through all of Parks and Rec again because the channel that ran Seinfeld kept playing dumb NBA for the past month and it’s real inconvenient when you have fuck all to watch while eating dinner. Also, just subscribed to Hulu so now have a lot of Adult Swim classics to binge on and Regular Show

Mate aren’t you from San Fran? The Warriors are the greatest team of all time :P Surely you can get a *little* involved  [mog]

Profile photo of // Kaz
                                  // Kaz
                                  Participant
                                    • XP 40

I can be uninvolved during dinner time though

Also steal the shifty emoji while you’re at it

Master Fenix
                                      • XP 926

I can be uninvolved during dinner time though Also steal the shifty emoji while you’re at it

Later today lol

MicDaMan
                                      Participant
                                        • XP 454

Anyone watching Dr Ken?

Starring Ken Jeong from The Hangover series.

Not bad, has a few laughs. I was surprised to learn that he was a real Dr before the was in the Hangover movie.

Master Fenix
                                          • XP 926

Anyone watching Dr Ken? Starring Ken Jeong from The Hangover series. Not bad, has a few laughs. I was surprised to learn that he was a real Dr before the was in the Hangover movie.

Didn’t even know it existed. Where are you watching it?

MicDaMan
                                          Participant
                                            • XP 454

Didn’t even know it existed. Where are you watching it?

I “acquire it”  [yep]

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of MicDaMan MicDaMan.
                                            Profile photo of Leasha
                                            Leasha
                                            Participant
                                              • XP 280

I’ve started to watch Skins again, such an awesome show- well… up until season 4 and then it all goes to plop

MicDaMan
                                              Participant
                                                • XP 454

I tried, but I cant stand the way poms talk…

Master Fenix
                                                  • XP 926

I’ve started to watch Skins again, such an awesome show- well… up until season 4 and then it all goes to plop

Like most shows then  [yep]

Profile photo of Leasha
                                                  Leasha
                                                  Participant
                                                    • XP 280

Yeah and they aren’t even the bad English accents @micdaman ^_^

After season three they change a lot of the cast, and although it carries across ok, the next season is a brand new cast altogether

I felt as though Season 1 & 2 were far more relatable to my teen years, but yeah as it progressed it got a little more outrageous

Profile photo of ThePLAV
                                                    ThePLAV
                                                    Participant
                                                      • XP 63

I just finished watching the second season if Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I don’t think it’s better than the first season, but I enjoyed it more since I wasn’t constantly judging the show this time around.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.