Media streaming Services, Netflix, Stan etc

This topic contains 94 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Master Fenix Master Fenix 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 76 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leasha
    Leasha
    Participant
      • XP 280

I shall now look in to this Presto….. [cool]

Ha, I have failed you :(

Sorry all the codes I sent you were expired

Profile photo of Marty_Mate
      Marty_Mate
      Participant
        • XP 79

Finished Stranger things, loved it. Can’t wait for season two now.

Profile photo of StuM91
        StuM91
        Participant
          • XP 102

Somewhat related, anyone subscribed to youtube red? I’m currently on a 3 month trial

The exclusive content is rubbish/nonexistent but I like the idea of supporting the channels I watch without having to deal with adverts. Having access to google music is useful too.

Profile photo of MicDaMan
          MicDaMan
          Participant
            • XP 454

I shall now look in to this Presto….. [cool]

Ha, I have failed you :(

Sorry all the codes I sent you were expired

Haha ended up getting a code on a Big W receipt … still didnt work. I had to send it to them to get them to apply it. Any way flicked through it, and I think if it was a free I wouldnt have it. Pretty meh.

Somewhat related, anyone subscribed to youtube red? I’m currently on a 3 month trial

The exclusive content is rubbish/nonexistent but I like the idea of supporting the channels I watch without having to deal with adverts. Having access to google music is useful too.

Haha I thought you meant redtube for a second…. non related {shifty}

Profile photo of Leasha
            Leasha
            Participant
              • XP 280

Youtube red is the one that supports the content right?

@micdaman Oh I know what you mean, personally I enjoy it mostly for the 80’s/90’s movies and the Disney stuff

I’d still love to find a VPN that works with Netflix :/ I’m sure if I wasn’t so lazy I could search around

MicDaMan
              Participant
                • XP 454

Was reading the other day that Mexico Netflix still works with VPNs, I havent tried cos I got rid of my VPN

Profile photo of Leasha
                Leasha
                Participant
                  • XP 280

I’ve found a few that work intermittently, basically a few days working, a few days off
                  You have to shoot off an email to your provider, and they will give you a new address/DNS

So yeah that’s pretty much getting a big EHHHHHH from me

I think I’ll just go back to doing what I did before Netflix/Hulu

MicDaMan
                  Participant
                    • XP 454

I never stopped :P

Profile photo of Leasha
                    Leasha
                    Participant
                      • XP 280

Neither did I if I’m honest, but it certainly slowed down a LOT

I’d flick through the US Netflix, and 9/10 times I’d find a movie, or a doco to fill up my time

Now I’m back to sitting here, and scanning sites like Jb Hifi to see what movies are being released soon, and then heading off to my fave place to see if they are available

Profile photo of Daniel Soul
                      Daniel Soul
                      Participant
                        • XP 10

Netflix still works for me on PS4 using Unotelly. Xbox is a no-go, though, no matter what I do.

MicDaMan
                        Participant
                          • XP 454

Anyone have the 4k Version of netflix… does it offer 4k or Full HD when you watch something. I want the extra screens as I share an account with a mate. But doen have the downloads to warrant y 4K streaming…

Also Luke Cage just came out!!! …

Profile photo of Barters81
                          Barters81
                          Participant
                            • XP 112

Yeah I have the 4k Netflix plan. It pretty much just opens up 4k for a bunch of shows like all the new netflix original stuff. And as per normal it will only stream as good as your Internet allows. So you could be watching a 4k show in SD at times if you have patchy Internet.

Profile photo of StuM91
                            StuM91
                            Participant
                              • XP 102

Welp, Presto is no more (come January). Foxtel bought the remaining shares to it and are shutting it down.

MicDaMan
                              Participant
                                • XP 454

Welp, Presto is no more (come January). Foxtel bought the remaining shares to it and are shutting it down.

Was crap anyway… I had to for free and still didn’t watch it :P

PS my new Panasonic TV has a Netflix button on the remote… also saw one on my mates Hisense as well… although convenient it sucks cos it means I can’t get a stan app on the TV. [cry]

MicDaMan
                                Participant
                                  • XP 454

So I finally restarted my Stan account yesterday…… went to watch CSI, one of the only reasons I restarted the account… AND IT’S GONE!!!! NNNOOOOOOOO WTF STAN!

Profile photo of Leasha
                                  Leasha
                                  Participant
                                    • XP 280

Booted up Netflix on the PC the other day while I had Zenmate running, and OMG it actually worked- US Netflix here I come

Too bad I couldn’t decide on what I wanted to watch, so I just ended up sitting on Youtube anyway [cool]

MicDaMan
                                    Participant
                                      • XP 454

The 4K kicked in on my netflix… and it’s crap cos my interwebs is aweful :( I want to watch Luke Cage.. but the quality is terrible

Profile photo of Leasha
                                      Leasha
                                      Participant
                                        • XP 280

Started looking into Oz Flix, streaming service for Australian movies

It’s paid, but could be cool for some of those obscure movies you can’t find anywhere else

MicDaMan
                                        Participant
                                          • XP 454

Just found that I can stream from my Galaxy S7 to my 4K TV… So now I can watch Stan in crystal Clear clarity using my phone, and it’s less downloads :) Not that that really mattered.

Haven’t tried 4K Netflix yet…

Profile photo of Master Fenix
                                          Master Fenix
                                            • XP 926

Just found that I can stream from my Galaxy S7 to my 4K TV… So now I can watch Stan in crystal Clear clarity using my phone, and it’s less downloads :) Not that that really mattered.

Haven’t tried 4K Netflix yet…

Not much on offer. Stranger Things was very disappointing in 4K. The best on offer is probably House Of Cards. The quality blew me away.

Viewing 20 posts - 76 through 95 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.