Media streaming Services, Netflix, Stan etc

This topic contains 94 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Master Fenix Master Fenix 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gryllis
    Gryllis
    Participant
      • XP 114

I’m actually not bothered by going back to Australian only services (Netflix + Stan and 6 months free of Presto…which I’ll get free again. It’s regularly free for 3-6 months).

Not really anything I’m missing, aside from the odd Hulu new release. But now that more shows are being put on delay on Hulu (eps being added 4 weeks after US airdate instead of 1 day), I wouldn’t watch them there anyway.

Profile photo of Kiry
      Kiry
      Participant
        • XP 114

I’m curious which commercial VPN services people here are using?

Profile photo of StuM91
        StuM91
        Participant
          • XP 102

I have a Getflix account that I’m not using at the moment. Thanks for reminding me as it was just about to auto renew for 6 months :P

Profile photo of MicDaMan
          MicDaMan
          Participant
            • XP 452

Anyone watching the new Wolf Creek series on Stan? Any good?

Profile photo of Leasha
            Leasha
            Participant
              • XP 280

Anyone watching the new Wolf Creek series on Stan? Any good?

I’m tempted, but not tempted enough to sign up for Stan

I may attempt to acquire it

MicDaMan
              Participant
                • XP 452

This too…. but would like to here some reviews first.

Profile photo of ThePLAV
                ThePLAV
                Participant
                  • XP 63

I’m upset that Netflix didn’t notify me that a new season of Orphan Black was available. How am I supposed to watch this, Parks and Rec, and Zoo at the same time?

Good lord, Tatiana Maslany (the Orphan Black clones) appears in Parks and Rec for a bit [love]

Profile photo of Stu 7005
                  Stu 7005
                  Participant
                    • XP 2

Does anyone know why iTunes Australia is so slow at releasing Disney Junior content? I’ve been waiting for Star Wars Rebels season 2 for about 9 months since it released on the US iTunes and Avengers Assemble has been out for years on US iTunes but no sign at all of it in Australia. In fact there is barely any Avengers junior content on either Australian Netflix or iTunes.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Master Fenix Master Fenix.
                    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Master Fenix Master Fenix.
                    Profile photo of Master Fenix
                    Master Fenix
                      • XP 925

Does anyone know why iTunes Australia is so slow at releasing Disney Junior content? I’ve been waiting for Star Wars Rebels season 2 for about 9 months since it released on the US iTunes and Avengers Assemble has been out for years on US iTunes but no sign at all of it in Australia. In fact there is barely any Avengers junior content on either Australian Netflix or iTunes.

Licensing. It’s always licensing. I imagine those shows are on Disney Channel on Foxtel.

MicDaMan
                      Participant
                        • XP 452

Started watching American Pie last night on Netflix, only got 4 mins into it, and had to revert to my hard drive version. It was so dark, it was High Def but so dark. Anyone else experienced this?

Master Fenix
                          • XP 925

Started watching American Pie last night on Netflix, only got 4 mins into it, and had to revert to my hard drive version. It was so dark, it was High Def but so dark. Anyone else experienced this?

Could be your settings of your TV or either your Netflix settings.

MicDaMan
                          Participant
                            • XP 452

Nah it was just that movie…. will try another out tonight

Master Fenix
                              • XP 925

Nah it was just that movie…. will try another out tonight

That’s weird.

Profile photo of Guyver
                              Guyver
                                • XP 105

Been a few weeks now with just the one service which is Netflix and I have to say that seems to be more than enough to keep me going especially when I get into a newly discovered series. Don’t laugh but I really can not stop watching episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
                                Even better since I have a tablet because I can fire up a show and go about with some mundane task around the house while watching it.
                                Another bonus is being able to watch anything while out and about, I have enough mobile data to keep me going between devices but to make sure I don’t over do it I have WiFi codes to all my family members places.

MicDaMan
                                Participant
                                  • XP 452

Anyone watch Stranger Things on Netflix….. been hearing some good things about it. Waiting to get a spare moment to binge it.

Profile photo of StuM91
                                  StuM91
                                  Participant
                                    • XP 102

tflix….. been hearing some good things about it. Waiting to get a spare moment to binge it.

Someone at work told me I need to watch it. It can wait until I finish The Wire.

I signed up to a free trial of Presto a month ago, haven’t watched anything on it yet :P

Profile photo of MorgtheBrit
                                    MorgtheBrit
                                    Participant
                                      • XP 73

Anyone watch Stranger Things on Netflix….. been hearing some good things about it. Waiting to get a spare moment to binge it.

Binged the whole 8 hours in one go. Started watching it a second time round but just an episode every few days now.

Also Netflix apparently has the rights to do a StarTrek tv series or something like that. Should be good.

MicDaMan
                                      Participant
                                        • XP 452

So watch all Stranger Things over the weekend. Not bad. Don’t think it was quite as good as it was hyped up to be, but I still liked it.
                                        Second season of Between is up now, so will give it another go.

Profile photo of Marty_Mate
                                        Marty_Mate
                                        Participant
                                          • XP 79

So watch all Stranger Things over the weekend. Not bad. Don’t think it was quite as good as it was hyped up to be, but I still liked it.
                                          Second season of Between is up now, so will give it another go.

I’ve watched the first three eps of Stranger Things and have really enjoyed it so far.

I will finally get connected to NBN on Wednesday so I’ll be able to watch online streaming services at will without running out of a monthly internet quota.

Master Fenix
                                            • XP 925

Stranger Things was amazing. Loved its homage to 70s and 80s movies.

Check this out: https://vimeo.com/175929311

Profile photo of Leasha
                                            Leasha
                                            Participant
                                              • XP 280

Stranger Things rocked my world!

Also @stum91 *whispers* You can actually Google ‘Presto 6 month codes’ and indeed find free codes for 6 months….

I may have been doing this for the past year

Profile photo of Gryllis
                                              Gryllis
                                              Participant
                                                • XP 114

Presto is constantly free. In the final month of your free month, you can add a new promo code (for 1, 2, 3 or 6 months depending on where you got it). Can only stack a new code in your final month, so need to remember to do it, but you never need to pay. I mean, the codes are on the back of every supermarket receipt…

Because, apparently, Foxtel add Presto subscribers to their total subscribers. When they say they have 3 million subscribers, 200,000 Presto users that never pay helps boosts their stats for Foxtel subscribers, so they’re happy with that arrangement.

Master Fenix
                                                  • XP 925

Presto is constantly free. In the final month of your free month, you can add a new promo code (for 1, 2, 3 or 6 months depending on where you got it). Can only stack a new code in your final month, so need to remember to do it, but you never need to pay. I mean, the codes are on the back of every supermarket receipt…

Because, apparently, Foxtel add Presto subscribers to their total subscribers. When they say they have 3 million subscribers, 200,000 Presto users that never pay helps boosts their stats for Foxtel subscribers, so they’re happy with that arrangement.

I shall try this.

Profile photo of Leasha
                                                  Leasha
                                                  Participant
                                                    • XP 280

Oh really…

Now I feel dirty

MicDaMan
                                                    Participant
                                                      • XP 452

I shall now look in to this Presto….. [cool]

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.