Bacon and Beer are bad for you, mmmkay?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Master Fenix Master Fenix 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Master Fenix
    Master Fenix
      • XP 926

“Does anyone dare eat meat nowadays? After the World Health Organisation (WHO) compared ham sandwiches to cigarettes and researchers at the University of Texas discovered that barbecued meat (oh, the irony) could lead to kidney cancer, the carnivorous diet is looking less and less appealing.”

https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/scientists-have-more-bad-news-for-people-who-like-bacon-and-alcohol?utm_source=munchiesfbuk

Profile photo of Kiry
      Kiry
      Participant
        • XP 114

I suppose it really depends on the quality of the meat & it’s source. If you are living daily off deli meat & processed foods, you probably aren’t that healthy. Eat good sourced food in moderation & lot’s of veggies to accompany that steak and you should be okay [wink]

As for beer, well who really cares.. I don’t see anyone stopping any time soon.

Profile photo of Bootie101
        Bootie101
        Participant
          • XP 112

I suppose it really depends on the quality of the meat & it’s source. If you are living daily off deli meat & processed foods, you probably aren’t that healthy. Eat good sourced food in moderation & lot’s of veggies to accompany that steak and you should be okay [wink] As for beer, well who really cares.. I don’t see anyone stopping any time soon.

I agree  [yep]  my beef and eggs are from our small farm so can’t get any fresher then that  [wink]   [smile]

Master Fenix
            • XP 926

I suppose it really depends on the quality of the meat & it’s source. If you are living daily off deli meat & processed foods, you probably aren’t that healthy. Eat good sourced food in moderation & lot’s of veggies to accompany that steak and you should be okay [wink] As for beer, well who really cares.. I don’t see anyone stopping any time soon.

Those meats aren’t bad for you if you’re balancing them with iron and a more varied collection of nutrients. Most deli meats aren’t processed. They’re cured with natural parts of the animal. My family makes salami every year and the only additives are sea salt. Even the chilis used are 100% organic straight out of the ground. Someone bulking for example would probably down plenty of bacon and other cured meats.

Profile photo of Gryllis
            Gryllis
            Participant
              • XP 114

Incorrect. Beer makes weekends better, and bacon cures the hangover caused by beer.

Therefore they cancel each other out, but leave you in a better place, mentally, for having overindulged on both. Therefore very healthy.

That’s just science.

Master Fenix
                • XP 926

Incorrect. Beer makes weekends better, and bacon cures the hangover caused by beer. Therefore they cancel each other out, but leave you in a better place, mentally, for having overindulged on both. Therefore very healthy. That’s just science.

The science is settled.

Thread closed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.