Nintendo Switch discussion

This topic contains 87 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Master Fenix Master Fenix 1 day, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Master Fenix
    Master Fenix
      • XP 926
      Profile photo of Kiry
      Kiry
      Participant
        • XP 114

I can’t wait for Nintendo to showcase this. If Nintendo truly breaks away from what they did with Wii & Wii U to cater towards a more hardcore audience, I will probably buy day one. [cool]

Master Fenix
          • XP 926

I can’t wait for Nintendo to showcase this. If Nintendo truly breaks away from what they did with Wii & Wii U to cater towards a more hardcore audience, I will probably buy day one. [cool]

Well we’ll have to wait until after E3 now.

Profile photo of // Kaz
          // Kaz
          Participant
            • XP 40

I’m glad it’s pushed up to March because fuck all that holiday fever

But also fuck not at least revealing it at E3

I keep saying, it’s dumb to keep surprises

Profile photo of Bootie101
            Bootie101
            Participant
              • XP 112

I’m interested to see how this turns out. I’m guessing there’s a demand still for Nintendo consoles? I mean I love Mario games still

Master Fenix
                • XP 926

It’s pretty stupid to have nothing at E3. They must have hit a roadblock with NX. I think March is optimistic. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s pushed to October.

2016 is literally a write-off. Absolutely nothing. Mario Kart isn’t even selling consoles. The ratio of Mario Kart owners to Wii U owners is almost 1:1. They must have a hell of a lot of savings.

Master Fenix
                  • XP 926
                  Profile photo of Maxiboy
                  Maxiboy
                  Participant
                    • XP 163

I’m not surprised they won’t be at E3, they haven’t been for the last few years, they did their own convention down the street from E3 while E3 was on iirc.

Profile photo of Gryllis
                    Gryllis
                    Participant
                      • XP 114

I’m actually sad it won’t be at E3. I get they want to do their own thing, but one game only at E3 from Nintendo…and it’s the last-gen version you won’t play (everyone will play on NX)  [cry]

Profile photo of Kiry
                      Kiry
                      Participant
                        • XP 114

<h1 class=”entry-title” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.38462; font-family: Oswald, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: #292929; display: block; clear: both; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: #ffffff;”>The Nintendo NX Might Ditch Disc Drives For Cartridges</h1>

The Nintendo NX Might Ditch Disc Drives For Cartridges

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” style=”display: none;” title=”“The Nintendo NX Might Ditch Disc Drives For Cartridges” — ScreenCritics” src=”http://www.screencritics.co.uk/2016/05/04/is-the-nintendo-nx-about-ditch-the-disc-drives-for-cartridges/embed/#?secret=ulHObiid2G” width=”591″ height=”333″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”ulHObiid2G”></iframe>

I want clunky old cartridges that I have to blow in every time before use [yep]

Profile photo of Azza
                        Azza
                        Participant
                          • XP 3

It’s pretty stupid to have nothing at E3. They must have hit a roadblock with NX. I think March is optimistic. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s pushed to October. 2016 is literally a write-off. Absolutely nothing. Mario Kart isn’t even selling consoles. The ratio of Mario Kart owners to Wii U owners is almost 1:1. They must have a hell of a lot of savings.

It’s very similar to how the Wii went out on it’s last year or so, but I’d say this is worse.

Biggest release from Nintendo until NX? Zelda and it’s not even exclusive to the console. Serious Nintendo fans won’t bother to get it on the Wii U if the NX version is far superior.

Profile photo of Barters81
                          Barters81
                          Participant
                            • XP 112

I’m hearing you there.

Zelda is literally the only thing I’m waiting for on the Wii U.  Now it is a release title for the NX, which as a rabid Nintendo fan I’ll have a NX on day 1, I won’t bother with the Wiiu release.  I honestly think Nintendo have completely lost their minds with this move.

If it wasn’t for the fact that my kids absolutely love the Wii U I’d probably sell it now getting ready for the NX.

Profile photo of Daniel Soul
                            Daniel Soul
                            Participant
                              • XP 10

Nintendo NX Will Help Industry To Grow, Take A Lot Of Casual Players Back, Says Ubisoft CEO

During Ubisoft’s financial conference call for the first quarter of fiscal year 2016/2017, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot talked about the Nintendo NX, stating that what they have seen so far of the console is really great. Guillemot also notes how having this machine coming is going to help the industry growing as well as take a lot of casual players back in the industry. This final statement is definitely interesting, as it seems to suggest that the console will have some sort of feature that will attract casual players, like the Wii console did a few years back.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-will-help-industry-grow-take-back-casuals-back-says-ubisoft-ceo/#ixzz4F64uaZg1

Profile photo of Maxiboy
                              Maxiboy
                              Participant
                                • XP 163

The Wii and WiiU have kinda felt like an ‘also ran’ against the juggernauts of Sony and Microsoft with their more powerful machines and myriad of 3rd party titles. I’d like to see Nintendo make a more powerful console that could compete on all levels.

Profile photo of BBking
                                BBking
                                Participant
                                  • XP 4

It’s USB powered but the Aus release won’t come with a power source. You can essentially use any USB power supply but I’m guessing there’ll be a minimum current draw so old one’s might not do the job.

Typical for an Aus release, though!

Master Fenix
                                    • XP 926

It’s USB powered but the Aus release won’t come with a power source. You can essentially use any USB power supply but I’m guessing there’ll be a minimum current draw so old one’s might not do the job.

@bbking you’re talking about the NX or mini NES re-release :P

Profile photo of Marty_Mate
                                    Marty_Mate
                                    Participant
                                      • XP 79

My console needs are well serviced by Xbox and PS4 so all I’m really looking to Nintendo for is a powerful handheld. If the latest rumours about NX are true it suits me nicely. [yep]

Master Fenix
                                        • XP 926

Yeah, I am more interested in NX than I am in PS4.5 and Scorpio.

Barters81
                                        Participant
                                          • XP 112

Yeah I agree….a nice powerful portable device would be sweet.

The tegra Pascal x2 rumours would be nice to see into fruition. Especially if it has the SCD in the dock to boost power again. I’ve read reports the Pascal x2 in the new automated cars push 8 TFLOPS.

Though I can’t see it happening and the NX being in the Nintendo affordable price range.

Profile photo of BBking
                                          BBking
                                          Participant
                                            • XP 4

@bbking you’re talking about the NX or mini NES re-release :P

*Slaps forehead* Yeah, I was talking about the mini!

Marty_Mate
                                            Participant
                                              • XP 79

Barters81
                                              Participant
                                                • XP 112

What the heck was that?

Marty_Mate
                                                Participant
                                                  • XP 79

What the heck was that?

A product that seems very similar to what the NX is rumoured to be.
                                                  Now I’ve seen such a product I’m not sure that this what I want the NX to be.

Master Fenix
                                                    • XP 926

What the heck was that?

A product that seems very similar to what the NX is rumoured to be.
                                                    Now I’ve seen such a product I’m not sure that this what I want the NX to be.

imo it’ll be thereabouts. Won’t be surprised if that’s basically what it is.

Barters81
                                                    Participant
                                                      • XP 112

I don’t get the removable controls bit to be honest. At first I thought it would be a cool concept for a portable console to allow some sort of local co-op, but any version of removable controls I’ve seen look uncomfortable at best.

Anyone else getting a feeling that Nintendo are going to announce the thing the day before it comes out? Surely in this day and age the secret couldn’t be kept up until that point though.

In reality, I’m guessing it will be delayed due to a lack of software on release.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.