Just Bought Board Games

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leasha Leasha 5 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ThePLAV
    ThePLAV
    Participant
      • XP 63

What box of goodness and fun did you bring home with you today?

I picked up a copy of No Thanks for an adequate $13. Surprisingly cheap considering Games World is not known for their value for money.

My girlfriend also gave me Orphan Black as an anniversary present. The TV show is pretty trucking good (HELENA NUMBER ONE), so the game must be good.

Profile photo of FilthySausage
      FilthySausage
      Participant
        • XP 73

We collect Monopoly versions. Last couple weeks we bought fallout 4 and classic disney monopoly. We already had Adventure time and Game of Thrones versions.

I really want the pixar one, pokemon one looks cool. But the one I’m dying to get is the south park one but it’s very limited edition so its like $250 and I just can’t justify it at all.

I just stick to traditional board games because none of my friends have any intrest in learning new games or rules etc so it sucks a bit.

Profile photo of MorgtheBrit
        MorgtheBrit
        Participant
          • XP 73

I really want to buy Twilight Struggle but I don’t really have anyone to play/learn with me since my board game enthusiast friend moved to Melbourne while I’m in Perth.

Profile photo of Leasha
          Leasha
          Participant
            • XP 280

Pre Ordered the Labyrinth board game by River Horse ( based around the 80’s movie with David Bowie and his crotch)

Cost me a small fortune, but it’s Labyrinth so I didn’t have a choice [cool] massive fan

Also still waiting on my Cyanide & Happiness card game that I kickstarted

Profile photo of Leasha
            Leasha
            Participant
              • XP 280

Bought some new games last weekend, and ordered a new one from the states

Finally picked a classic version of Yahtzee, and an amazing card game called ‘Gloom’

Gloom is hilarious, the aim of the game is to make your family members as miserable as possible- and to throw happiness onto your opponents

I also ordered Archipelago, a trading based game. Seems to be reasonably involved, and has a steep learning curve apparently, but I’m keen to learn.

Profile photo of MicDaMan
              MicDaMan
              Participant
                • XP 452

Got this for my little boy for his Birthday on Tuesday. Good game, pretty basic and reasonably quick. Good for Games nights. I think the Adults had more fun playing it.

Profile photo of ThePLAV
                ThePLAV
                Participant
                  • XP 63

I’ve seen Gloom at places like Zing, but never really looked into it.

I managed to snag a copy of the out of print DOOM board game from a Facebook group for not too much. Now to track down the even dearer expansion [cry]

Profile photo of Leasha
                  Leasha
                  Participant
                    • XP 280

Gloom is amazing, very funny to play with the right people

I think I’m going to have to find a new group to play with though as my regular group are quite casual, and I want to pursue some of the more intensely strategic games

Profile photo of Leasha
                    Leasha
                    Participant
                      • XP 280

Bought The Goonies card game over the holidays

Super keen to give it a go, save the goondocks, and find Willy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.