Board games based on video games

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leasha Leasha 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ThePLAV
    ThePLAV
    Participant
      • XP 63

I enjoy the jigsaw-puzzly Portal: The Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game, which was partially made in-house at Valve.

I wish Doom and Gears of War were still in print, because they looked like my kind of ticket into missiony dungeon crawlers.

I hear X-COM is very good with the way it utilises an app to direct the game and keep things tense, but may die because of evolving OSes.

And now, a miniature-heavy Dark Souls dungeon crawler was announced on Kickstarter. As much as I want it, €80 +€28 per Big Boss expansion too much for me after my recent spending spree.

Profile photo of Master Fenix
      Master Fenix
        • XP 926

The only one I’ve played was XCOM: Enemy Unknown, pretty great. Can’t think of any other board games based on games that I’ve played.

Here’s a good review of that:

Profile photo of Leasha
        Leasha
        Participant
          • XP 280

XCOM is good, but geez the learning curve is toooooough

Profile photo of ThePLAV
          ThePLAV
          Participant
            • XP 63

The creator of XCOM is developing a Bloodborne card game based on the Chalice Dungeons or something. I dunno, I haven’t played it.

Profile photo of Leasha
            Leasha
            Participant
              • XP 280

Might check it out

Friend of mine backed this the other day- Dark Souls Board Game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulstm-the-board-game

Looks quite cool

Profile photo of ThePLAV
              ThePLAV
              Participant
                • XP 63

Yeah I mentioned that in the OP.

I really am torn. I really want it since backing it on Kickstarter essentially gives you 5 free expansions, which is pretty damn good for the $200AUD outlay including postage, but I’ve spent too much lately and probably won’t get to play it as often as I like.

Profile photo of Leasha
                Leasha
                Participant
                  • XP 280

Yeah sorry my bad for missing that in the OP

OH tell me about it- some of these games cost small fortunes, but the 5 free expansions is a good deal for sure.

Do you have a dedicated group who you play with? We have a small group, and I know that we have a few peeps in our group that can’t handle anything too ‘involved’;  so a lot of the time games like this get lost on them.

Profile photo of ThePLAV
                  ThePLAV
                  Participant
                    • XP 63

My group has people who would be interested, but we only get to meet every few months. Most of my game time is 1v1 against my girlfriend.

Profile photo of Leasha
                    Leasha
                    Participant
                      • XP 280

Ahh bummer, sucks that you dont get to meet too frequently

I’d love to play more with my partner, but generally we find ourselves video gaming more

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.